The Student Room Group

America has different sized paper

This has come as a revelation to me. Not only do they write the date wrong and measure things in cups which doesn't make any sense, they don't even have A4 paper.

@LovelyMrFox explain this nonsense.

Scroll to see replies

What a sad world to live in. They don't even have a real Boris, just a discount one.
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
This has come as a revelation to me. Not only do they write the date wrong and measure things in cups which doesn't make any sense, they don't even have A4 paper.

@LovelyMrFox explain this nonsense.

Your UK paper is just weird :hand: Letter size is the perfect dimensions :h:

Edit- we can buy A4 paper at office stores I do believe. In fact I think I have a stack in my house somewhere :hmmmm:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
but they have sunny beaches 🙈
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Your UK paper is just weird :hand: Letter size is the perfect dimensions :h:

I think you will find it is you that is wrong.

Blue is A scaled paper, red is your silly nonsense.

Further more the A scale is mathematically perfect. 2 A4s make an A3, 2 A3s make an A2, etc.

Reply 5
I think you will find it is you that is wrong.

Blue is A scaled paper, red is your silly nonsense.

Further more the A scale is mathematically perfect. 2 A4s make an A3, 2 A3s make an A2, etc.

I was going to point out those little islands over there next to Australia in the red, but then I remembered that the American school system doesnt bother to teach us world geography :colonhash: Dec, would you be ever so kind to tell me what those little red islands are so I can rub it in your face? :flutter:

Set aside your math. Writing on letter size has a certain sense of satisfaction that your A-whatever doesnt.
I mean..... Is it really that big of a deal?:unsure:
I was going to point out those little islands over there next to Australia in the red, but then I remembered that the American school system doesnt bother to teach us world geography :colonhash: Dec, would you be ever so kind to tell me what those little red islands are so I can rub it in your face? :flutter:

Set aside your math. Writing on letter size has a certain sense of satisfaction that your A-whatever doesnt.

Those would be the Philippines, you invaded them and took them over for nearly 50 years :facepalm2:

A scale is perfection, something Americans can never achieve. Just look at your electrical plugs, made by savages :hand:
Original post by Raymondsantos
I mean..... Is it really that big of a deal?:unsure:

Yes, my world is crumbling around me and I thought paper could be my rock but instead it has disintegrated like paper in the rain.
Sounds like America to not be arsed to use a whole page, doesn't surprise me to be honest :laugh:
Why can't they just conform to our traditional, British values....
Reply 10
Those would be the Philippines, you invaded them and took them over for nearly 50 years :facepalm2:

A scale is perfection, something Americans can never achieve. Just look at your electrical plugs, made by savages :hand:

:lolwut: I thought the Philippines were much smaller than that... Regardless, cheers :biggrin:

Im not talking about the scale. Im talking about A3 in specific... Now stop making me laugh.
:lolwut: I thought the Philippines were much smaller than that... Regardless, cheers :biggrin:

Im not talking about the scale. Im talking about A3 in specific... Now stop making me laugh.

I guess they don't teach history either.

A3 is ideal for small scale plans or a double side of a magazine. Americans can't even get the pint right, is there anything you do right?
Reply 12
I guess they don't teach history either.

A3 is ideal for small scale plans or a double side of a magazine. Americans can't even get the pint right, is there anything you do right?

We learned about the Philippines two years ago :yes: I just forget all of it, we merely brushed upon the subject.

We can smile, something that British people never seem to be doing. We also dont tag random users into threads that seem to have been made just to argue with them :biggrin:
Original post by Ciel.
but they have sunny beaches 🙈

We do too! Hit up anything past (or in) Northumbria and you get the golden beaches of Scotland.

Just don't visit them in winter and don't expect to go swimming. It's bloody cold here.
Reply 14
Original post by Callicious
We do too! Hit up anything past (or in) Northumbria and you get the golden beaches of Scotland.

Just don't visit them in winter and don't expect to go swimming. It's bloody cold here.

sadly our weather is **** most of the time 🙈
We learned about the Philippines two years ago :yes: I just forget all of it, we merely brushed upon the subject.

We can smile, something that British people never seem to be doing. We also dont tag random users into threads that seem to have been made just to argue with them :biggrin:

I see :beard:

Smiling? Never heard of it :indiff:

Not random, you are American therefore this is all your fault :h:
I would have tagged in @Sabertooth but he is the devil.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
sadly our weather is **** most of the time 🙈

You know it's not actually that bad where I live, it only rains 1/4 of the time as opposed to 1/2 (in most places).

It also blows a gale 3/4 of the time, though, so you know... once you get past the cold and the blistering winds... ? Who am I trying to kid, lol it's awful.
Reply 17
I see :beard:

Smiling? Never heard of it :indiff:

Not random, you are American therefore this is all your fault :h:
I would have tagged in @Sabertooth but I love him too much :penguinhug:

I expect that coming from you. You dont seem like a smiley person.

Well then I blame @Sabertooth. He is older than I and has been living with letter size longer than I have.

Well then I blame @Sabertooth. He is older than I and has been living with letter size longer than I have.

You are such a mean person :shock:

We could really mess with @DiddyDec if I point out that ring binders have 3 clips and that those 2 hole hole-punches don't exist here. :eek:

Smaller vertically, but more holes! :evil:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest