The Student Room Group

University Rankings

Hi,

I would like to know a general consensus on how the universities are ranked for their Masters in Finance program in UK. I am considering MSc Finance Warwick, Finance LSE, Finance LBS, Cambridge judge business school.

Not considering Imperial, for its designed for people with engineering background and Oxford since their program (MSc Financial Economics) is not purely finance.

Please rank the aforementioned universities.
Have you applied and got offers from all of these universities?

Ranking isn’t going to help you if you don’t know whether you have a choice between the courses.

You need to apply and get offers and then compare the course content, cost and learning environment to find the right course for you. Employers are interested in what you have to offer them not the difference between two very similar degrees.
Reply 2
Not specificaly about Master's but this year's top 10 per subject rankings are as follows:

Times Good University Guide 2021
Accounting and Finance

1. Strathclyde
2. Leeds
3. LSE
4. Bath
5. Glasgow.
6. Warwick
7. Queens, Belfast
8= Exeter
8= Loughborough
10. Manchester

Guardian 2021
Accounting and Finance

1. Leeds
2. Glasgow
3. Bath
4. Strathclyde
5. Loughborough
6. LSE
7. Birmingham
8. Chester
9. Warwick
10. Exeter

Complete University Guide 2021
Accounting and Finance

1. Glasgow
2. Strathclyde
3. Leeds
4. Aberdeen
5. Bath
6. Queen's, Belfast
7. Durham
8. LSE
9. Loughborough
10. Warwick
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sentenced_to
Not specificaly about Master's but this year's top 10 per subject rankings are as follows:

Times Good University Guide 2021
Accounting and Finance

1. Strathclyde
2. Leeds
3. LSE
4. Bath
5. Glasgow.
6. Warwick
7. Queens, Belfast
8= Exeter
8= Loughborough
10. Manchester

Guardian 2021
Accounting and Finance

1. Leeds
2. Glasgow
3. Bath
4. Strathclyde
5. Loughborough
6. LSE
7. Birmingham
8. Chester
9. Warwick
10. Exeter

Complete University Guide 2021
Accounting and Finance

1. Glasgow
2. Strathclyde
3. Leeds
4. Aberdeen
5. Bath
6. Queen's, Belfast
7. Durham
8. LSE
9. Loughborough
10. Warwick

can u send the link of where you got this from?
Reply 4
Original post by Mueez Khan
can u send the link of where you got this from?

Google search isn't rocket science...

Anyway:

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/accounting-and-finance

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2020/sep/05/the-best-uk-universities-2021-league-table -> Pick a subject area -> Accounting & Finance

Times Good University Guide requires an active subscription.
Honestly undergrad course rankings won't help with masters degree decisions and perspectives, since often the two are very separate, particularly in finance/management areas.

In any case my impression is those business schools/universities you are considering are all broadly equivalent in general terms at the masters level. One may be more particularly suited to some area of business or finance perhaps, but I imagine all will give you similar opportunities on graduation (which will still probably be more strongly influenced by your work experience than the masters course I expect).
Reply 6
Can u send the top 20 university of Sunday Times guide pls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending