The Student Room Group
What can i do during my gap year? Do i gain work experience? Get some better GCSES? I got 1A* 3As and 4Bs along with a Distinction in Btec music.

I was told graduate entry medicine is much more competitive too. I’m honestly kind of confused about my pathway after sixth form but i know my heart is set on the idea of helping others from being a doctor/nurse to helping kids with special needs. I just know i want to help others in my life and becoming a neurologist stood out to me. At the same time I’m also debating wether or not to study Congenitive Neuroscience and Psychology at uni cuz that stood out to me too. I’m just so confused :/
I’ll be sure to checkout that thread now, Thank you!! But most university require at least 5 As and i only managed to get 4 because i dont think they’re counting my distinction as it is equivalent to an A. When i spoke to my careers adviser she told me that i cant do medicine due to my GCSEs so that kind of let me down and is the reason why i thought i could do undergrad neuroscience and then graduate medicine but since u said it’ll cost more it gave me an eye opener that i need to use my time and money more wisely. I’ll also give the online work experience a try too seeing as not many places are taking work experience due to COVID
Okayyyy ill be sure to look and find universities that are UCAT heavy rather than GCSE. Is it too late for me apply to medical schools as i am in yr13 and i know the deadlines are around october? If I’m correct idk its so confusing because one side of me wants to do medicine and another wants to do like forensics or paramedics but i have no 100% idea of what i wanna be!!! Arghhhh but thank you so much tho
Thank youuuuu. You’ve honestly been such a big help to me! Way better than the careers advisers that make me regret every life choice iver ever made 😂. Do you know any goof jobs you can get with an undergraduate degree in either neuroscience or congenitive neuroscience and psychology? Thank youuu

Latest

Trending

Trending