The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Tenancy

I accepted a tenancy contract by mistake and called the company right after asking to cancel because my university just informed me i would have online classes. They told me to find a replacement and write a cancellation letter. however, i haven't found anyone to take over my tenancy i am worried. The company only has my name, phone number and email, no other document from me or my guarantor. can they still sue me or something similar?
Reply 1
no, apparently they couldn't offer a cooling offer period to people that accept the contract after the 1st of September
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by alexlee1
I accepted a tenancy contract by mistake and called the company right after asking to cancel because my university just informed me i would have online classes. They told me to find a replacement and write a cancellation letter. however, i haven't found anyone to take over my tenancy i am worried. The company only has my name, phone number and email, no other document from me or my guarantor. can they still sue me or something similar?

How did you "accept" it? Have you paid anything?
Reply 3
Original post by RogerOxon
How did you "accept" it? Have you paid anything?

online, basically I was scrolling down reading the contract and clicked on the accept thing by mistake. I did call then right after to explain but they couldn't care less. No, i haven't paid anything plus they asked for documents such as ID, residency and student status such as details from my guarantor but i never provided anything
Original post by alexlee1
online, basically I was scrolling down reading the contract and clicked on the accept thing by mistake. I did call then right after to explain but they couldn't care less. No, i haven't paid anything plus they asked for documents such as ID, residency and student status such as details from my guarantor but i never provided anything

I don't know if that's binding, but it might be worth getting legal advice.

Quick Reply

Latest