The Student Room Group

How do I transfer to a different university?

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I have moved to Swansea University and although it is great here I am feeling very homesick. I have only had an induction via zoom and have also met my academic mentor but the course properly starts next week with lectures. I have decided that I want to transfer to the University of Wolverhampton because I would be able to live at home and commute, also the course I want to do also looks very good. I just don't know how to go about making this change and I would be really grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Reply 1
You could email the professors in the department you want to enter to directly about your situation, they should be happy to help you through the process! But also, you can first look at the details on the uni webpage for transfers. My friend wanted to transfer to another uni as well and within an hour of sending the email to the department head she got a reply :smile:
First of all you need to realise that the Wolverhampton course will also be online.
So actually it wont be any different.

Homesickness is common in your first weeks. It will pass.
There will be a wellbeing team at your Uni - talk to them or talk to your personal tutor.
They are there to help in exactly this sort of situation.
Reply 3
Original post by gr4103y
You could email the professors in the department you want to enter to directly about your situation, they should be happy to help you through the process! But also, you can first look at the details on the uni webpage for transfers. My friend wanted to transfer to another uni as well and within an hour of sending the email to the department head she got a reply :smile:

Thank you :smile: I've been given an informal offer but just struggling how to work through the ucas system now so i'm going to phone up tomorrow
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
First of all you need to realise that the Wolverhampton course will also be online.
So actually it wont be any different.

Homesickness is common in your first weeks. It will pass.
There will be a wellbeing team at your Uni - talk to them or talk to your personal tutor.
They are there to help in exactly this sort of situation.

Yeah I understand that all uni's will have their courses online. I don't think I made it very clear that the course being online isn't the reason i'm unhappy with staying where I am haha. I know a lot of people do struggle with homesickness but I was also unsure of moving to university before I came to the point that I wasn't actually going to go at one point so I feel like I just pushed myself into it too quickly. I don't want to drop out because I still want a degree so I just think this is the right decision for me at the moment. I've contacted my uni and they seem quite supportive of my decision. Thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending