The Student Room Group

Don't know how to approach my studies at uni?

I have no idea what is expected of me and how to study for my degree. The uni is really sh*t at telling us about things going on e.g. what homework is set or what they wanted us to read or do before a lecture.
which uni boss man
I’m the opposite. The uni have told me exactly how to do anything but I struggle to read/focus on reading so I’m worried I’m going to mess it up or not do things because I’ll get anxious when I try to read the emails or I’ll make mistakes when I read them.

You win some, you lose some.

Hopefully emails to your programme leader or the subject tutors might get you some results?
Original post by Native087
which uni boss man

Edinburgh
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I’m the opposite. The uni have told me exactly how to do anything but I struggle to read/focus on reading so I’m worried I’m going to mess it up or not do things because I’ll get anxious when I try to read the emails or I’ll make mistakes when I read them.

You win some, you lose some.

Hopefully emails to your programme leader or the subject tutors might get you some results?

Had a fall out with my personal tutor :frown:
Original post by Anonymous1502
Had a fall out with my personal tutor :frown:

I don’t even know what to say to this. You’re going to have to find another lecturer to email. He can offer advice as to how it works for this modules and then it may also be applicable for the modules Taught by whoever you fell out with.
I have no idea what is expected of me and how to study for my degree. The uni is really sh*t at telling us about things going on e.g. what homework is set or what they wanted us to read or do before a lecture.

Hi!

Maybe try and read about the subject before the seminar/lecture that you have. this will give you something to talk about in them. You should have an online portal which you can view what is taught in each seminar/lecture for the term. It's not necessarily homework but more prep work, although every uni is different.
Also, your uni should have a support centre for learning.
Try and speak to other people on your course and arrange to study with them, as it might help you figure out what is expected.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

Maybe try and read about the subject before the seminar/lecture that you have. this will give you something to talk about in them. You should have an online portal which you can view what is taught in each seminar/lecture for the term. It's not necessarily homework but more prep work, although every uni is different.
Also, your uni should have a support centre for learning.
Try and speak to other people on your course and arrange to study with them, as it might help you figure out what is expected.

I hope this helps and good luck!

I am very upset with my uni experience so far I don't feel like my special needs are being accommodated at all.
I am very upset with my uni experience so far I don't feel like my special needs are being accommodated at all.

Maybe try and speak to your welfare team and they may be able to put things in place to help you study at uni. They're usually more helpful than tutors and lecturers.

Good Luck!
Hey, sorry I've not had time to respond recently. What's up? Message me all the problems you're encountering at Edinburgh (bullet points would help!). I'll try and help you as much as I can. I'm mostly free today so my replies should be prompt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending