The Student Room Group

I'm an Organizational Behaviour Teaching assistant for my University

I think that's pretty dope, I guess here in the Netherlands they often let...MSc students teach seminars... I'll be helping first years with an assignment and grading presentations. I'm not sure if they are formative marks or actual marks though. I will be trained i assume. But i guess it does count as real work experience since I'm being paid.

I do get a staff login portal, which is pretty cool 😎. Never thought i would teach at university.... 😂. (Even if its in the lowest form of capacity lol).
Reply 1
Well done sounds good! Also considering doing a masters in the Netherlands. How are you finding it?
Original post by kwame88
Well done sounds good! Also considering doing a masters in the Netherlands. How are you finding it?

Love it so far, country is brilliant... Uni is brilliant (but alot of work 😂). Price is brilliant... Just in general good vibes 😂. Though i do miss being lazy for the first two month's of uni... Rather than just the first two weeks. 😂 😂
Reply 3
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Love it so far, country is brilliant... Uni is brilliant (but alot of work 😂). Price is brilliant... Just in general good vibes 😂. Though i do miss being lazy for the first two month's of uni... Rather than just the first two weeks. 😂 😂

:wink: Sounds good haha and haha I get you! You planning on coming back to the UK after your masters or staying?

Weird question but are there many blacks? I imagine the Netherlands is quite a multi cultural place in the cities maybe not so much in the smaller towns / countryside.

Also is it much more serious the teaching and students in the Netherlands?

Due to Brexit considering moving aboard lol considering the Netherlands or Germany.
Original post by kwame88
:wink: Sounds good haha and haha I get you! You planning on coming back to the UK after your masters or staying?

Weird question but are there many blacks? I imagine the Netherlands is quite a multi cultural place in the cities maybe not so much in the smaller towns / countryside.

Also is it much more serious the teaching and students in the Netherlands?

Due to Brexit considering moving aboard lol considering the Netherlands or Germany.

I'm black i haven't had an issue tbh... There are also definitely a few people who are black (locals), there's hardly any in research uni 😂. I'm at a research uni... I do believe there are a few more in the applied sciences uni.

I mean there's just more continuous assessment and it's a block system of 9 week's, so your max exam load would be 7 weeks of teaching... Rather than like the typical 10 lectures in the UK. There is also a less of a focus on past papers it seems at Master's. Though i hear there is more past paper revision at Undergrad.

For example I'm taking an open book exam (5 short essay questions) on three weeks of material... So roughly 10 articles... But there's no real past paper. So you just kinda aiming in the dark 😂.

Courses just have ALOT more stuff to constantly hand in. And Group work is big thing here in nearly every module.
Reply 5
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I'm black i haven't had an issue tbh... There are also definitely a few people who are black (locals), there's hardly any in research uni 😂. I'm at a research uni... I do believe there are a few more in the applied sciences uni.

I mean there's just more continuous assessment and it's a block system of 9 week's, so your max exam load would be 7 weeks of teaching... Rather than like the typical 10 lectures in the UK. There is also a less of a focus on past papers it seems at Master's. Though i hear there is more past paper revision at Undergrad.

For example I'm taking an open book exam (5 short essay questions) on three weeks of material... So roughly 10 articles... But there's no real past paper. So you just kinda aiming in the dark 😂.

Courses just have ALOT more stuff to constantly hand in. And Group work is big thing here in nearly every module.

Ah ok I'm black as well which is I why I was asking lol. I see.

Wow so much work! Best of luck

Interesting.

Enjoy mate!

Quick Reply