The Student Room Group

Revising Y12 stuff as a Y14 student

Hey, so I'm redoing English Lit (Edexcel) as a Year 14 student. I'm in the Y13 classes, studying drama and poetry - but not prose.

We studied prose in Y12, which was 2 years ago, and I'm struggling to dive back into it because just reading my old notes doesn't really get it into my head, and making quote banks feels boring and unproductive.

I've started reading the texts (Frankenstein & The Handmaid's Tale) again, but I don't know what else I can do. If anyone knows some effective revision/recap techniques, please let me know!
Have you tried using Quizlet? It makes learning more fun and interactive.
Original post by litstudent30
Hey, so I'm redoing English Lit (Edexcel) as a Year 14 student. I'm in the Y13 classes, studying drama and poetry - but not prose.

We studied prose in Y12, which was 2 years ago, and I'm struggling to dive back into it because just reading my old notes doesn't really get it into my head, and making quote banks feels boring and unproductive.

I've started reading the texts (Frankenstein & The Handmaid's Tale) again, but I don't know what else I can do. If anyone knows some effective revision/recap techniques, please let me know!

Can you go to the Year 12 classes as well?
Original post by Muttley79
Can you go to the Year 12 classes as well?

Unfortunately my timetable clashes (I'm doing Sociology Y12 too)
Unfortunately my timetable clashes (I'm doing Sociology Y12 too)

I would have thought that English would be in more than one option block?
I would have thought that English would be in more than one option block?

Nope, English lit is in one block and English lang in another. Not many people choose lit at our sixth form
Nope, English lit is in one block and English lang in another. Not many people choose lit at our sixth form

Is it worth negotiating one lesson a week of English and miss Sociology that lesson?
Is it worth negotiating one lesson a week of English and miss Sociology that lesson?

Hmm, that's a possibility I will look into, thank you :smile:
Hmm, that's a possibility I will look into, thank you :smile:

Either that or see if there are any help sessions going?

I don't teach English but I know Mr Bruff has great GCSE resources - does he have an equivalent for A level.
Either that or see if there are any help sessions going?

I don't teach English but I know Mr Bruff has great GCSE resources - does he have an equivalent for A level.

I've received a reply - it isn't possible to sit in any Y12 lessons as they all clash with Sociology and Y13 English :/
I'll check out Mr Bruff, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending