litstudent30
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey, so I'm redoing English Lit (Edexcel) as a Year 14 student. I'm in the Y13 classes, studying drama and poetry - but not prose.

We studied prose in Y12, which was 2 years ago, and I'm struggling to dive back into it because just reading my old notes doesn't really get it into my head, and making quote banks feels boring and unproductive.

I've started reading the texts (Frankenstein & The Handmaid's Tale) again, but I don't know what else I can do. If anyone knows some effective revision/recap techniques, please let me know!
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you tried using Quizlet? It makes learning more fun and interactive.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by litstudent30)
Hey, so I'm redoing English Lit (Edexcel) as a Year 14 student. I'm in the Y13 classes, studying drama and poetry - but not prose.

We studied prose in Y12, which was 2 years ago, and I'm struggling to dive back into it because just reading my old notes doesn't really get it into my head, and making quote banks feels boring and unproductive.

I've started reading the texts (Frankenstein & The Handmaid's Tale) again, but I don't know what else I can do. If anyone knows some effective revision/recap techniques, please let me know!
Can you go to the Year 12 classes as well?
litstudent30
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Can you go to the Year 12 classes as well?
Unfortunately my timetable clashes (I'm doing Sociology Y12 too)
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Unfortunately my timetable clashes (I'm doing Sociology Y12 too)
I would have thought that English would be in more than one option block?
litstudent30
Rep:
?
I would have thought that English would be in more than one option block?
Nope, English lit is in one block and English lang in another. Not many people choose lit at our sixth form
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Nope, English lit is in one block and English lang in another. Not many people choose lit at our sixth form
Is it worth negotiating one lesson a week of English and miss Sociology that lesson?
litstudent30
Rep:
?
Is it worth negotiating one lesson a week of English and miss Sociology that lesson?
Hmm, that's a possibility I will look into, thank you
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hmm, that's a possibility I will look into, thank you
Either that or see if there are any help sessions going?

I don't teach English but I know Mr Bruff has great GCSE resources - does he have an equivalent for A level.
litstudent30
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Either that or see if there are any help sessions going?

I don't teach English but I know Mr Bruff has great GCSE resources - does he have an equivalent for A level.
I've received a reply - it isn't possible to sit in any Y12 lessons as they all clash with Sociology and Y13 English :/
I'll check out Mr Bruff, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads