Thanks for that, @GANFYD
Reply 61
Original post by penguinrevenge
I emailed and got this reply back - it is 6 from this year:
Capture.PNG

So out of 6 GCSE’s and still 30 points? Thats changes up things
Original post by Yo...
So out of 6 GCSE’s and still 30 points? Thats changes up things

It does - and 3 weeks before deadline, gotta love HYMS!
Hi,
my gcses are 87777a666 . A level predicted not out yet but hopefully around AAA. I got 2450 band 2 in UCAT. Do i stand a decent chance at an interview. I have a strong personal statement lots of work experience and annual charity work
Reply 64
Original post by Laycity
This year's cut off was 59.33 and presuming no contextual points I make your score just below that - it would be risky.

So cutoff for interviews for 2020 entry was 59? I make my score to be 65.5 (assuming 2690 is in 7th decile) with a band 1. Should this be a safe option considering I’m on a gap year and want no risks.
Now that apparently the scores are out of 6 gcses, I have no idea If I’m still safe.
My gcses: 777777666C
Original post by Yo...
So cutoff for interviews for 2020 entry was 59? I make my score to be 65.5 (assuming 2690 is in 7th decile) with a band 1. Should this be a safe option considering I’m on a gap year and want no risks.
Now that apparently the scores are out of 6 gcses, I have no idea If I’m still safe.
My gcses: 777777666C

It’s up in the air to be honest as they have never officially divulged how they score GCSEs so now they have changed it makes it impossible to assess people unless they have six grade 8/9’s and hence score the maximum.

There’s no harm in emailing admissions and asking how they are scoring GCSE’s this year, with your profile I would really want to know.
Can someone calculate my score and tell me if I'm likely to get an interview
English Language 6
Literature 7
Maths 7
Biology 8
Chemistry 8
Physics 7
Geography 6
Stats 6
(PE DISTINCTION* idk if they count this as a GCSE)
MY UCAT score is 2640 and I qualify for contextual points
I'm predicted AAB so my choices are quite limited any suggestions would be appreciated.
I emailed today and they said top 6 scored too.
Reply 68
Original post by Michaezzl
Can someone calculate my score and tell me if I'm likely to get an interview
English Language 6
Literature 7
Maths 7
Biology 8
Chemistry 8
Physics 7
Geography 6
Stats 6
(PE DISTINCTION* idk if they count this as a GCSE)
MY UCAT score is 2640 and I qualify for contextual points
I'm predicted AAB so my choices are quite limited any suggestions would be appreciated.

What is your SJ Band? I’ve got your score at 62.25 without the SJ band.
Last year, 59 points was the cutoff for interview invite.
However, we’re waiting to hear on HYMS about a possible reshuffle on how gcses are scored, so when we hear more, your score will probably change.
As it stands, you stand a good chance for an interview, depending on your SJ band, HYMS is a good option for you.
What would 988887 and 2550 band 2 score please?

Thank you.
Reply 70
Original post by Nicola Pettitio
What would 988887 and 2550 band 2 score please?

Thank you.

List all your GCSE’s as I’ll score based on 8 for now, and it will give you a good indicator until we find out about their 6 gcses scoring system
Original post by Yo...
List all your GCSE’s as I’ll score based on 8 for now, and it will give you a good indicator until we find out about their 6 gcses scoring system

Thank you...988888765. I think i will fall short.😪
Reply 72
Thank you...988888765. I think i will fall short.😪

I’ve got your score at 57.75 which is risky considering the cutoff last year was 59. However, if they change to only scoring your top 6 gcses, that means you will get the max 30 in that section, and therefore a total score of 60 which is better but is right on the boundary.
Do you have any contextual points?
No contextual points. I get some at birmingham but not at york. Not sure why? If the deciles change i might just end up in 5th. How are you calculating?
Reply 74
No contextual points. I get some at birmingham but not at york. Not sure why? If the deciles change i might just end up in 5th. How are you calculating?

I’m calculating based on your UCAT being the 5th decile as that is expected. This is their traditional scoring system. I have assumed 2550 is in the 5th decile. Interims drop
EF088368-FE1B-4871-8A1C-4D5EA5C7B370.jpg.jpeg
Thank you, that is very kind. I assume scoring top 6 just means more weight is on ucat because of pressure for places next year.
Reply 76
Hey I got 2480 UCAT situational judgement band 1, a levels abaa and GCSEs all 9s, do I have a chance at interview
Reply 77
Original post by J123j
Hey I got 2480 UCAT situational judgement band 1, a levels abaa and GCSEs all 9s, do I have a chance at interview

I make your score 61, last year’s cutoff was 59, so looks like you have a good chance and band 1 will give u a great advantage post interview. Any contextual points?
Original post by Yo...
What is your SJ Band? I’ve got your score at 62.25 without the SJ band.
Last year, 59 points was the cutoff for interview invite.
However, we’re waiting to hear on HYMS about a possible reshuffle on how gcses are scored, so when we hear more, your score will probably change.
As it stands, you stand a good chance for an interview, depending on your SJ band, HYMS is a good option for you.

BAND 2 could you calculate my score with band pls
Reply 79
Original post by Michaezzl
BAND 2 could you calculate my score with band pls

So +10 which is 72.25. That’s safe for Interview but you will be disadvantaged post interview with your band 2