The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jrsh
Just got my final rejection through from this yr so joining this thread since I’ll be auditioning again in 2021! :smile: it’ll be my 2nd/3rd year auditioning (3rd year for RADA and LAMDA, 2nd year for the rest of my schools)

hey! Do you have any advice/ things you noticed about auditioning? :smile:
Hi!

I'll be auditioning for RADA, LAMDA and Guildhall (I did want to audition for Central as well but you have to apply through UCAS for them so I decided not to as I am applying to study Law via UCAS so that if I don't get into acting then I've got a back-up) for 2021, all Acting! Has anyone decided on their audition pieces yet? I've decided on one.
Reply 22
Original post by isobel738051
hey! Do you have any advice/ things you noticed about auditioning? :smile:

Sorry for the late reply! I would say something really good I learnt this year is to put your auditions for the schools you care most about last by applying for them last - I only ended up getting recalls towards the end of my auditioning campaign because that was when I had had the most experience in that audition setting and also the most work on my pieces! Also another really important thing I learnt is prepare for the interview, I ended up not preparing the interview for my first audition (RADA!!) and completely floundering so badly that I still look back on it and cringe lol. That’s the two things I’ll be bearing in mind this time around! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by stillerv
Hi!

I'll be auditioning for RADA, LAMDA and Guildhall (I did want to audition for Central as well but you have to apply through UCAS for them so I decided not to as I am applying to study Law via UCAS so that if I don't get into acting then I've got a back-up) for 2021, all Acting! Has anyone decided on their audition pieces yet? I've decided on one.

I’ve got 4 classical in mind and 2 modern but I’m waiting for the library in my city to open up again so I can have a browse at some other modern plays and then decide!
You can audition for 5 through UCAS I think unless you don't get into or reject your 5 then you could use UCAS extra to get a sixth option. Some schools on UCAS conservatoires where you can also apply through and you can have up to 6 options on there. Also some schools like RADA, LAMDA and Guildhall have their own independent process so you can apply for as many of them as you want in addition to applying to schools through UCAS. Good luck with it all.
Hia! This will be my second year auditioning. Does anyone know if the RADA and Italia Conti auditions will be online or in person? I can't find anything on their websites saying what the new procedures are.
Reply 26
Hi, my dd is wanting to apply to RADA to start in 2021. I know it says auditions start in November... but does anyone know when you can access an application form to actually apply?
Original post by Amp242
Hi, my dd is wanting to apply to RADA to start in 2021. I know it says auditions start in November... but does anyone know when you can access an application form to actually apply?

Hia! Most drama schools open applications around mid September/October. For RADA there is a hand written form you have to print out and mail. I’m not sure if you can access the 2021 form yet, but the 2020 form is still on the BA Acting course page for you to have a look at if that’s useful :smile:
Original post by Amp242

I think that they open for applications this month and the form will be on the website, there's probably a delay as they decide what to do with Corona.
Reply 29
Thank you, will just keep checking!
Original post by Pixyqueen
Hey, I want to Audition at RADA, but I dont think I stand a Chance.
besides that I am going to Audition to all Public schools in my country .

I am auditioning there too!! It’s very difficult but 100% worth the chance!
I’m applying for BA MT at GSA, Central, Leeds Conservatoire, London College of Music and Chichester Uni :smile:. I’m 16 right now but I’ll be 17 when I start, due to being one for the youngest in my year in Scotland.

I feel like LCM and Chi I have the best chance at getting into, but GSA would be a dream.
hiya! Planning on auditioning for RADA, LIPA, Central and GSA but looking into more now. I also think i have some audition pieces but just wondering what ones other people have picked, not sure if what I have is good or not :frown: plus still looking for classicals and not sure what to choose for my second song choice
Original post by aingidh
I’m applying for BA MT at GSA, Central, Leeds Conservatoire, London College of Music and Chichester Uni :smile:. I’m 16 right now but I’ll be 17 when I start, due to being one for the youngest in my year in Scotland.

I feel like LCM and Chi I have the best chance at getting into, but GSA would be a dream.

Hey @aingidh! If you have any questions about our Theatre courses, we are more than happy to help :smile:
Reply 34
Hi. I’m applying to east15, rose Bruford, central, man met, and Oxford. I’m doing a lot :,) I’m a bit nervous doing all of them online this year. This will be my third year applying and I’m about to start a foundation course at east 15!
Hiya!! I'm going into my 3rd year of auditioning! Need to whittle down my list a bit due to money but right now I've got LIPA, GSA, Rose Bruford, East 15, Bov and royal welsh with maybe something like Chichester or ICTheatre as a back up but I'm very torn at the moment.

I'm also hoping that these schools don't charge full price if they're doing online auditions or selftapes.
Original post by jrsh
Sorry for the late reply! I would say something really good I learnt this year is to put your auditions for the schools you care most about last by applying for them last - I only ended up getting recalls towards the end of my auditioning campaign because that was when I had had the most experience in that audition setting and also the most work on my pieces! Also another really important thing I learnt is prepare for the interview, I ended up not preparing the interview for my first audition (RADA!!) and completely floundering so badly that I still look back on it and cringe lol. That’s the two things I’ll be bearing in mind this time around! :smile:

heyy! So what kind of questions were you asked in your interviews and how should we prepare for them? Thank you for the advice!
Reply 37
Heya, how's everyone feeling about the self-tape process this year?
I'm happy with it because I feel like it means we know what to expect in the audition and I'm more used to self tapes nowadays. What about you?
Original post by ginkg0
Heya, how's everyone feeling about the self-tape process this year?

I'm kinda in the middle.

Happy cause it means I can take a bit more time with it but not in love with it because we're doing all the work and still have to pay for them to watch it??? When we're using none of their facilities or anything But it is also saving me a hell of a lot with travel which is very good!

I've found that loads of the auditions are really cheap or free this year which I like a lot! Makes it so much more accessible for everyone!

Latest

Trending

Trending