The Student Room Group

Haven't been paid?

right i dont wanna sound petty but i worked a 7 hour shift last week (but i have a 15 min break which is unpaid, so i get paid for 6.75 hours). my payslip says i worked 5.87 hours, don't know where they got that from bc i clocked in and out on time.

i get paid £10 an hour so i do want that money back but idk if i'll sound stupid saying 'hi can you give me the extra £10 pls'. also knowing my company theyll say i wasnt in when i definitely was.

if you were in this position would you ask for the money bc tEchnically it comes under unlawful deduction of wages, or would you just leave it bc it's only an hours work? :tongue:
;(
Original post by sundayblues
right i dont wanna sound petty but i worked a 7 hour shift last week (but i have a 15 min break which is unpaid, so i get paid for 6.75 hours). my payslip says i worked 5.87 hours, don't know where they got that from bc i clocked in and out on time.

i get paid £10 an hour so i do want that money back but idk if i'll sound stupid saying 'hi can you give me the extra £10 pls'. also knowing my company theyll say i wasnt in when i definitely was.

if you were in this position would you ask for the money bc tEchnically it comes under unlawful deduction of wages, or would you just leave it bc it's only an hours work? :tongue:

I'd ask about it.
It sounds like you have been underpaid. Obviously it needs sorting.
It could be that there is a legitimate reason for it. In which case you may have been paid right. And if you ask at least you will know what the legitimate reason is (rather than wondering what if).
discuss it with your supervisor politely and calmly.
Original post by Emma:-)
I'd ask about it.
It sounds like you have been underpaid. Obviously it needs sorting.
It could be that there is a legitimate reason for it. In which case you may have been paid right. And if you ask at least you will know what the legitimate reason is (rather than wondering what if).

Original post by the bear
discuss it with your supervisor politely and calmly.

tbh i can't exactly prove it personally but they should just look on their system and security cameras lol

how would you guys word it? i'm going to email them first because i don't have my next shift for over a week, but i'm bad at writing emails without sounding weird. i don't wanna say like 'you havent paid me enough, i was in can you give me my money' :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by sundayblues

Occasionally this does happen. Nothings perfect not even a computer system faults do happens. I suggest you contact them straight or even via email. It isn’t stupid even if it’s 1p you deserve to be paid correctly don’t leave it you’ve worked the hours
Original post by Sisox1
Occasionally this does happen. Nothings perfect not even a computer system faults do happens. I suggest you contact them straight or even via email. It isn’t stupid even if it’s 1p you deserve to be paid correctly don’t leave it you’ve worked the hours

okay yeah true i'll do it in the morning first thing, thankyou:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending