The Student Room Group

Math IA about music and harmonies

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to expand an IA where I'm investigating harmonies and sine graphs and determining why some sounds/chords sound better than others. I just began doing the math for it and realized it is quite simple and easy and I don't think I will have much to write about. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can expand this topic?
Original post by 21bui_h
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to expand an IA where I'm investigating harmonies and sine graphs and determining why some sounds/chords sound better than others. I just began doing the math for it and realized it is quite simple and easy and I don't think I will have much to write about. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can expand this topic?

Hey there :smile:
I've popped your thread into maths, science and technology academic help so you might get a few more responses :yep:
Have you tried thinking also about the psychology behind why people think certain chords sound better or nicer/happier than others? :yy:
Cheese
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hey there :smile:
I've popped your thread into extended project qualification (epq) so you might get a few more responses :yep:
Have you tried thinking also about the psychology behind why people think certain chords sound better or nicer/happier than others? :yy:
Cheese

that would be interesting but it wouldn’t be related to a math IA as it has to involve math ;(((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending