The Student Room Group

Where to go in London

Where could I take my mum in London where we could spend the day without getting lost?
Original post by Anonymous
Where could I take my mum in London where we could spend the day without getting lost?

Any cute little Cafès? As long as you plan the journey you won’t get lost.
What do you guys like?

You could probably spend most of a day in the British Musuem, V&A or Science Museum and they're all very well signposted from the nearby tube and bus routes. Or somewhere like Kew Gardens is gorgeous and obviously enclosed and has maps! Realistically though you won't get lost if you plan your journey and use Google Maps etc. There are also lots of street maps.
Go Brixton. It's actually gentrified now and has nice marketplaces and restaurants.
Reply 4
Original post by sophspark
Any cute little Cafès? As long as you plan the journey you won’t get lost.

Thank you.

Original post by becausethenight
What do you guys like?

You could probably spend most of a day in the British Musuem, V&A or Science Museum and they're all very well signposted from the nearby tube and bus routes. Or somewhere like Kew Gardens is gorgeous and obviously enclosed and has maps! Realistically though you won't get lost if you plan your journey and use Google Maps etc. There are also lots of street maps.

My mums Asian and I just want to take her on a day out so we wouldn't go to museums and stuff. Kew Gardens seems like a nice idea though thank you so much.

Original post by Raymondsantos
Go Brixton. It's actually gentrified now and has nice marketplaces and restaurants.

Thank you.
Reply 5
South Kensington's a nice area, it's got the museums, nice restaurants and close to Hyde Park.
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
South Kensington's a nice area, it's got the museums, nice restaurants and close to Hyde Park.

I'm from Birmingham and I'm looking at places to go in London and all of them you have to talk like 3 trains and 2 buses they're all so far
I'm from Birmingham

Big up to you
Reply 8
I'm from Birmingham and I'm looking at places to go in London and all of them you have to talk like 3 trains and 2 buses they're all so far

nah not really if you're staying central

London is a big city. Sometimes you got to make that trek.
There are many cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars in London. What is your budget and taste? If you enjoy seeing scenic London views, then the Shard is a good restaurant to dine at. Use TripAdvisor to narrow down your options for eating out, there are filters on the site to use. Alternatively make a list of eateries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending