The Student Room Group

Universty Cancelled My Course Just Before It Began, Changing Course Is Dragging On

So my uni called the day before my course was supposed to begin saying it got cancelled and that I could choose a new course with them. After going through the process with them and submitting all the right forms in a day or 2, I have not recieved any info on it since. All courses began on the 14th and here I am still not transferred to the new course. I emailed them about it several times, even called them, yet still no info. What can I do?
What uni is this? Sounds awful.

I'd threaten to complain.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What uni is this? Sounds awful.

I'd threaten to complain.

Coventry Uni.
Oh Ok. Threaten to complain to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education. If they can't offer you a place then they should tell you so you can go to a different university because times running out.
So my uni called the day before my course was supposed to begin saying it got cancelled and that I could choose a new course with them. After going through the process with them and submitting all the right forms in a day or 2, I have not recieved any info on it since. All courses began on the 14th and here I am still not transferred to the new course. I emailed them about it several times, even called them, yet still no info. What can I do?

Given that the course has already started (or is that Freshers week?), it might be worth contacting via phone or email the head of your school/faculty.
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Given that the course has already started (or is that Freshers week?), it might be worth contacting via phone or email the head of your school/faculty.

I have already contacted them and still nothing.
The state of so many of the universities in this country. Good grief. What course was it?
I have already contacted them and still nothing.

Do you mean that they don't pick up or they simply don't know what's going on?

I'm sorry that this is happening to you - it's disgraceful.

Have you managed to speak to anyone?
Do you really want to do the new course?
Have you paid for accommodation through he university?
Do you have enough information to attend the new course? If so, do it.
Have you sent a recorded delivery letter to them, putting all this in writing?

If you don't really want to attend another course there, I'd see what options are available elsewhere. Don't feel pressured into accepting something because of their incompetence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending