The Student Room Group

Computer Science related EPQ: artefact or not?

I am really struggling with a topic for my EPQ. I am really interested in Physics and Computer Science, but will most likely move on to do Computer Science after A Levels anyway, so I was hoping to find an EPQ topic that's interesting and relevant however most of the ones I've seen are pretty boring.

Has anyone done one / is doing one and know any good ideas or good artefact ideas?

Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
Original post by a1exm
I am really struggling with a topic for my EPQ. I am really interested in Physics and Computer Science, but will most likely move on to do Computer Science after A Levels anyway, so I was hoping to find an EPQ topic that's interesting and relevant however most of the ones I've seen are pretty boring.

Has anyone done one / is doing one and know any good ideas or good artefact ideas?

Thanks for any help.

You could make a website or make some kind of programme. I'm making a video game for my EPQ if you like video games it could be fun to make one but it probably requires more effort than most other options.
Reply 2
Original post by AFmaths
You could make a website or make some kind of programme. I'm making a video game for my EPQ if you like video games it could be fun to make one but it probably requires more effort than most other options.

That sounds good but not related to physics? Ik its a bit obscure but that's what I'm aiming for atm. Thanks though
Reply 3
Original post by a1exm
That sounds good but not related to physics? Ik its a bit obscure but that's what I'm aiming for atm. Thanks though

I don't do Physics or Computer Science but you could make some kind of physics software like a gravity programme or a software that helps with physics equations. However in my school the teacher tells us not to make the EPQ too similar to what we do in class as it's about learning something new by yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by AFmaths
I don't do Physics or Computer Science but you could make some kind of physics software like a gravity programme or a software that helps with physics equations. However in my school the teacher tells us not to make the EPQ too similar to what we do in class as it's about learning something new by yourself.

Thanks
You can easily write some scientific program related to physics, if you know how to program already. For example, you could write a program that models some physical system with user input parameters for example, then outputs the results in some format. That has a lot of scope for potentially quite involved work, but the basic premise is straightforward enough and can be done fairly simply.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
You can easily write some scientific program related to physics, if you know how to program already. For example, you could write a program that models some physical system with user input parameters for example, then outputs the results in some format. That has a lot of scope for potentially quite involved work, but the basic premise is straightforward enough and can be done fairly simply.

Alright good ideas thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending