The Student Room Group

periods

so my last period was black and now im due on and Ive got cramps but they don't feel like anything I've got really light brown blood and I do not know what this means. im on the pill and I had sex 2 months ago can someone help me please ????
Original post by Anonymous
so my last period was black and now im due on and Ive got cramps but they don't feel like anything I've got really light brown blood and I do not know what this means. im on the pill and I had sex 2 months ago can someone help me please ????

This is question to a doctor or a nurse.Best to contact them for advice asap if you worry.

Are you sure that was period blood that was black or something else
Reply 3
Original post by hello9612
Are you sure that was period blood that was black or something else

yes it was dark dark brown and black and I was so light
yes it was dark dark brown and black and I was so light

check the nhs website they may have something about it
Reply 5
It could just be oxidised blood :yes:
However, if you're worried about it you could speak to your GP
It’s probably advisable for you to talk to the nurse at your doctors. Or a pharmacist at least.
I’d recommend you visit your local GUM clinic. You’ll find the details online
There are so many possibilities that it would be really unwise to make a suggestion here.
I’m sure you’ll be fine but it won’t hurt to check

It is definitely worth making an appt with your GP or popping by your local GUM clinic. But as someone who has been to many, there will be some questions that will come up that are worth preparing for.

Potential Routine Questions:
Have you missed a pill once or more over the course of the past few months?
Whether you may have thrown up after having a pill...
Last time you had a period ( pre this peculiar bleed)
Whether you had protected or unprotected sex
When you last had a sexual health check ( They will possibly offer you a quick sexual health check if you go to a gum)
If any other activities, such as smoking or drinking, could have made the pill ineffective

They will also, most likely, do a pregnancy test ( dip stick test)

Depending on your age and your circumstances, It would be advised to have at least someone with you, but alongside the current covid situation there may be different rules now on whether you can have a buddy with you, it would be worth researching this, as well as the times and dates that your local Gum is open( although the majority of them will run a local service from hours 9am -5pm ) . Its worth getting there earlier in the day as possible and also checking whether it is a walk in or appointment only. ( oh and remebering a mask)

111 is also an option for you but the NHS website should have more info on there

Let someone else know what is happening too, be it a parent, guardian or close friend, anyone who will listen to you and that you feel safe will listen to you in a non judgmental way. If you are worried about your parents finding out about you having sex, in most circumstances total honesty is better, but I know that this may not be the case for you. Your health is important
Original post by AliceRoseGuy
It is definitely worth making an appt with your GP or popping by your local GUM clinic. But as someone who has been to many, there will be some questions that will come up that are worth preparing for.

Potential Routine Questions:
Have you missed a pill once or more over the course of the past few months?
Whether you may have thrown up after having a pill...
Last time you had a period ( pre this peculiar bleed)
Whether you had protected or unprotected sex
When you last had a sexual health check ( They will possibly offer you a quick sexual health check if you go to a gum)
If any other activities, such as smoking or drinking, could have made the pill ineffective

If you miss taking the pill once over a few months you can get pregnant??

Black blood is usually blood that takes a while to leave the uterus. Best to consult with your doctor though if you’re worried but it sounds normal to me.
Original post by chopingirl
If you miss taking the pill once over a few months you can get pregnant??

Taking a pill late or missing one can put you at risk of pregnancy, especially if around the time you forgot or took it quite late you had unprotected sex . The more pills you miss the larger risk
Original post by AliceRoseGuy
Taking a pill late or missing one can put you at risk of pregnancy, especially if around the time you forgot or took it quite late you had unprotected sex . The more pills you miss the larger risk

I would think it's unlikely and you may need to be off for 2 weeks at least before you could get pregneant. I mean your egg has to be released, it has to travel down the tubes etc, that takes days/ weeks to happen. It can't just happen overnight coz you missed one pill...
I would think it's unlikely and you may need to be off for 2 weeks at least before you could get pregneant. I mean your egg has to be released, it has to travel down the tubes etc, that takes days/ weeks to happen. It can't just happen overnight coz you missed one pill...

3% chance of getting pregnant if you miss the pill once! definitely unlikely but more likely than you think :smile:

I agree that its unlikely but there is still a risk and I have known people to get pregnant just by missing one. I'm not a qualified gynaecologist or sexual health clinitian but I have gone through my fair share of contraceptives.

If I were on the pill and accidentally missed one, I would take it and if i was sexually active, make sure that it is protected sex, at least for 7 days after missing a pill :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending