The Student Room Group

Favourite/Least Favourite Dog Breeds

What are the dog breeds you adore the most and which dog breeds do you not like? Personally I like the smallish dogs, not the yappy kinds but the ones that aren't big such as Scottish Terriers and Daschunds. I think Pugs are possibly one of the ugliest dogs around but when it comes to beauty it's a subjective topic so you might find them adorable.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JDINCINERATOR
What are the dog breeds you adore the most and which dog breeds do you not like? Personally I like the smallish dogs, not the yappy kinds but the ones that aren't big such as Scottish Terriers and Daschunds. I think Pugs are possibly one of the ugliest dogs around but when it comes to beauty it's a subjective topic so you might find them adorable.

I don't know all the specific breeds, but I like medium sized floofy ones that are happy and a bit dopey. My favourite dog that I know is an Australian shepherd, he's pretty cute. I don't like the tiny yappy ones, or the dogs that bark a lot, or really big ones, ones that drool constantly or jump up on you.
Labradors and Rottweilers, none of which I have ever owned. My dog was unique, she was a small brown dog with the appearance of a Japanese Spitz crossed with an unknown breed. Unfortunately she was put to sleep in 2017 after 12 years of life.
Favourite is a Golden Retriever (I may be a bit biased :biggrin:)

I can’t think of a least favourite lol
favourite: all of them :smile:
Favourite:
golden retriever
any small friendly dog
retired dogs

Least favourite:
rottweilers
staffordshire bull terriers or basically anything that mauls kids to death
I like big dogs, but my personal favourites are Dobermans, Great Danes, and of course Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers (I have one)

My least favourite is most small dogs as they're really yappy
Love cockapoos
I love almost all dogs and have so many favourite breeds. :heart:
Alaskan malamute, belgian malinois, bulldogs, chow chow, dalmatian, doberman, dogue de bordeax, german shepherds, golden retriever, great dane, japanese akita, labrador, leonberger, newfoundland, poodle, pomeranian, pugs, salukis, siberian husky, spaniel, st bernard and rottweiller.
Reply 9
after working in a dog cafe:

good- big dogs
bad- small dogs

that’s it
Love all dogs but I want a borzoi so bad, they are so majestic and goofy at the same time. I guess my least favourite would be pug breeds and similar that are bred to have breathing difficulties, makes me sad
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Least favorite is those little over-sized rats known as the Chinese Crested.

I like dobermans though.
Pit Bulls
Mastiffs
Cane Corsos
Frenchies
Rotties
German's

the list could go on?? lol I love all doggos
love them big dogs,like mountain dogs or samoyeds,but hate those tiny ones

How am I, your favourite breed :rofl:

but my favourite breed has to be either chow chows or jack russell terriers

least favourite

Spoiler

I'm not a dog person (or a cat person) but my favourite breed is old english sheep dog.

Spoiler

My favourites include Labradors, golden retrievers, spaniels, beagles & collies.
Least favourite- anything brachycephalic. Whenever I see dogs like this it always sounds like they're finding it really hard to breathe & it just seems so wrong to breed animals which suffer from so many health problems as a result of how they've been bred.
Favourites include
- whippets
- collies
- alsations
- Dashunds

Not a big fan of dogs that dribble though :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest