The Student Room Group

Anybody staying at Claredale House this year (2020)?

Hi! I was wondering whether anyone was staying at Claredale House in London (Bethnal Green) for 2020. Lmk so we can start chatting!
Hi! I most likely will be staying in Flat 54 however, I haven't accepted their offer yet cuz I'm unsure how the whole moving in situation etc will look since most unis are moving online at least until January
Reply 2
Original post by Zuzanna_x_
Hi! I most likely will be staying in Flat 54 however, I haven't accepted their offer yet cuz I'm unsure how the whole moving in situation etc will look since most unis are moving online at least until January

Hey! I'm going to be in flat 60. I understand! The situation is still so vague and uncertain but as I'm living in Japan it would be easier for me to stay somewhere even when the university lectures will be online. What will you be studying? I'm going to be doing an art foundation course at the royal drawing school
Original post by marika_mce
Hey! I'm going to be in flat 60. I understand! The situation is still so vague and uncertain but as I'm living in Japan it would be easier for me to stay somewhere even when the university lectures will be online. What will you be studying? I'm going to be doing an art foundation course at the royal drawing school

That's understandable. I am in my second year and I study Politics & IR at QM. If you want to chat more we can pm x
Hi I'm going to be in Flat 15 and going to be study at London Metropolitan University.
Reply 5
That's amazing! Will you be moving in on the 12 September or at a later date? I look forward to meeting everyone! :smile:
Original post by marika_mce
That's amazing! Will you be moving in on the 12 September or at a later date? I look forward to meeting everyone! :smile:

I'll be moving in on 26th September.
Yee considering on moving in October but haven't replied to the offer yet
I accepted my offer like a week ago and I move in on the 12th :biggrin:
Reply 9
I just moved in Friday! It's really nice
Original post by srox
I just moved in Friday! It's really nice

What type of room do u have and is the bathroom and toilet nice?
Reply 11
Original post by hellokitty2121
What type of room do u have and is the bathroom and toilet nice?

I'm in a Category B room and its really nice, probs a bit bigger than you actually need so C/D should be good too. I'm sharing a bathroom with 3 other people and I'd say it's quite nice. The shower is on the corner and a bit bigger than the showers you sometimes see if accommodation (not huge or anything, just bigger than I was expecting). Plus the mirror lights up which is pretty cool.

One thing though! If you're planning on cooking and bringing pans, there are induction hobs here (and I think in most the flats) that only work with induction/magnetic pans. Me and the people in my flat didn't know this and so brought pans that don't work.
Original post by srox
I'm in a Category B room and its really nice, probs a bit bigger than you actually need so C/D should be good too. I'm sharing a bathroom with 3 other people and I'd say it's quite nice. The shower is on the corner and a bit bigger than the showers you sometimes see if accommodation (not huge or anything, just bigger than I was expecting). Plus the mirror lights up which is pretty cool.

One thing though! If you're planning on cooking and bringing pans, there are induction hobs here (and I think in most the flats) that only work with induction/magnetic pans. Me and the people in my flat didn't know this and so brought pans that don't work.

I'm in a Category C room in Flat 15, which flat r u in?
Reply 13
I'm in a Category C room in Flat 15, which flat r u in?

I'm in Flat 4 :smile:
Original post by srox
I'm in Flat 4 :smile:

How was moving ur things to ur room without a lift?
Reply 15
How was moving ur things to ur room without a lift?

Well, my room was only on the first floor (the floor up from the ground floor) so I didn't have to deal with many stairs. I've just been outside to check and flat 15 is on the first floor aswell, just a staircase along so I don't think you'll have any trouble! You can also park basically right outside your staircase.
Thanks.

Original post by srox
Well, my room was only on the first floor (the floor up from the ground floor) so I didn't have to deal with many stairs. I've just been outside to check and flat 15 is on the first floor aswell, just a staircase along so I don't think you'll have any trouble! You can also park basically right outside your staircase.

Thanks.
Original post by srox

R the washing machine and tumble dryer good?
hello! I am going to apply for claredale for 21/22, can anybody tell me when will the application process begin?

And how the application works? What's the possibility of being assigned a room?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending