The Student Room Group

Kp problem

Sulfur dioxide and oxygen in the ratio 2:1 were mixed at constant temperature of 1000K and a constant pressure of 9 atmospheres in the presence of a catalyst. At equilibrium, one third of the sulfur dioxide had been converted into sulfur trioxide. Find kp

help pls
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Sulfur dioxide and oxygen in the ratio 2:1 were mixed at constant temperature of 1000K and a constant pressure of 9 atmospheres in the presence of a catalyst. At equilibrium, one third of the sulfur dioxide had been converted into sulfur trioxide. Find kp

Pls help, I don’t know where to start :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Solom813

Pls help, I don’t know where to start :smile:

Find the atmospheres of each after the reaction.
Reply 3
Original post by charco
Find the atmospheres of each after the reaction.

I’m not sure how to do that. Are there x initial moles of each ?
I’m not sure how to do that. Are there x initial moles of each ?

Now can you see how to get the initial atmospheres?
Reply 5
Original post by charco

Now can you see how to get the initial atmospheres?

Yes thank you ! I don’t think I read it well

help pls

Hey, where did you get this question from? I'm trying to practice more questions that are challenging but can't seem to find the website or book with these questions.

Quick Reply

Latest