The Student Room Group

Regret for something I haven’t done?

A friend of mine tried to move onto me, and do something that’s given me just really disgusting feelings and severe ptsd from my past. I told my boyfriend about this. Yet I still have regret in my heart. I didn’t do something wrong but I feel like I shouldn’t have met up with my friend in the first place. This incident has caused me to have severe ptsd and I even had to go to a therapist cause my mental health was really triggered. I don’t want anyone to think I am over doing it, but honestly it was a shock to my system because I never would have expected this ever. I wrote them a final message saying that I will never speak to them again and that it’s best if I just move on from all of this because I am really scarred from this. I keep feeling like I’ve done something bad when it happened to me. Is it normal to feel this way? I was told to move on from it just ignore it. But I am paranoid, what if they try to make up a lie and make it seem like I did something wrong. I don’t know, it’s really making me regret it. Why would they move onto me when they know I have a boyfriend. I regret even having them as a friend. It breaks my heart because i only wanted to keep them as a friend because they was there for me through so much. I’ve been told to move on. But it hurts me, I hate this. I have so much regret in my heart. What do I do.
Original post by Anonymous
A friend of mine tried to move onto me, and do something that’s given me just really disgusting feelings and severe ptsd from my past. I told my boyfriend about this. Yet I still have regret in my heart. I didn’t do something wrong but I feel like I shouldn’t have met up with my friend in the first place. This incident has caused me to have severe ptsd and I even had to go to a therapist cause my mental health was really triggered. I don’t want anyone to think I am over doing it, but honestly it was a shock to my system because I never would have expected this ever. I wrote them a final message saying that I will never speak to them again and that it’s best if I just move on from all of this because I am really scarred from this. I keep feeling like I’ve done something bad when it happened to me. Is it normal to feel this way? I was told to move on from it just ignore it. But I am paranoid, what if they try to make up a lie and make it seem like I did something wrong. I don’t know, it’s really making me regret it. Why would they move onto me when they know I have a boyfriend. I regret even having them as a friend. It breaks my heart because i only wanted to keep them as a friend because they was there for me through so much. I’ve been told to move on. But it hurts me, I hate this. I have so much regret in my heart. What do I do.

i would need more context.
Reply 2
You did what you had to do and like you said, you already have a boyfriend so it was very crappy of your “friend” to make a move on you knowing you’re in a relationship. Don’t feel guilty for saying no or cutting out people that harm your peace. You come first. I’ve been in a similar position where I’ve told potential male friends that I would not be speaking to them anymore when they’ve come on too strong to the point that it became creepy. It is normal to feel that way.
Reply 3
Original post by chloeebrown09
i would need more context.

What else would you like to know
Reply 4
Honestly, it’s just been a shock to the system. I cut them off and I feel better but that thought has lingered for a long time
What else would you like to know

i just dont feel like i could give advice based off the minimal details u gave :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Rxnaaa
You did what you had to do and like you said, you already have a boyfriend so it was very crappy of your “friend” to make a move on you knowing you’re in a relationship. Don’t feel guilty for saying no or cutting out people that harm your peace. You come first. I’ve been in a similar position where I’ve told potential male friends that I would not be speaking to them anymore when they’ve come on too strong to the point that it became creepy. It is normal to feel that way.

What do you think my next steps should be?
Reply 7
Original post by Rxnaaa

What should my next steps be?
Reply 8
You didnt know he was going to do that, dont beat yourself up over it. Its weird that he would make a move if he knew you had a boyfriend. How long have you known him? Is it too much for you to be friends anymore?
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You didnt know he was going to do that, dont beat yourself up over it. Its weird that he would make a move if he knew you had a boyfriend. How long have you known him? Is it too much for you to be friends anymore?

I’ve known him for just over 2 years and he has been there for me through so much. Which was one of the reasons why I didn’t want to cut him off, because when someone does something good for me and I believe is a genuine friend I won’t just leave them. I have cut them off now though in best way possible.
Original post by chloeebrown09
i just dont feel like i could give advice based off the minimal details u gave :s-smilie:

This is literally the whole story :frown:
You haven't done anything wrong, the creep did. :smile:
Don't blame yourself or allow regrets for the past choices of other individuals to prevent you from moving on with your future.
Attachment not found
Original post by londonmyst
You haven't done anything wrong, the creep did. :smile:
Don't blame yourself or allow regrets for the past choices of other individuals to prevent you from moving on with your future.
Attachment not found

What should my next steps be? Your comment means alot to me
What should my next steps be? Your comment means alot to me

Focus on doing the things that make you happy and getting closer to the future that you want. :smile:
Your relationship with your bf, your hobbies, keeping in touch with close friends, the academic or career ambitions are aiming to achieve.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending