The Student Room Group

BBC to AAA Beating The Odds, No Matter What - A Y13 GYG - 2020-2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Dezer.
how will that help?

Umm you can talk about the skills you learnt from it? :biggrin: E.g. quick thinking when a customer has a problem. What were you applying for again?
Reply 81
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Umm you can talk about the skills you learnt from it? :biggrin: E.g. quick thinking when a customer has a problem. What were you applying for again?

Chemical Eng
Original post by .Dezer.

Ooooh Hi

hiiiiiii :smile:
Original post by .Dezer.
Chemical Eng

which unis are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Laurence010401
which unis are you applying to? :smile:

The only one I can get into I think is Bradford, I might apply for some lower grade uni's then just go through clearing...because with BBC I cant really apply to a lot of Chem Eng MEng Uni courses...so sad...
Original post by .Dezer.
The only one I can get into I think is Bradford, I might apply for some lower grade uni's then just go through clearing...because with BBC I cant really apply to a lot of Chem Eng MEng Uni courses...so sad...

Do you have time to ask your teachers for higher predictions?

Are you hoping to have a gap year?
Reply 86
Original post by Laurence010401
Do you have time to ask your teachers for higher predictions?

Are you hoping to have a gap year?

They said they have already sent them and they wont change them anymore...

Not really but if it comes to that then yes!
Original post by .Dezer.
They said they have already sent them and they wont change them anymore...

Not really but if it comes to that then yes!

If you have a gap year then you can apply next year with actual grades :smile:
Original post by .Dezer.

Not sure how well you know Bradford as a uni or as a place, but if you have any questions, I am happy to try and answer them - I live quite close to Bradford and know a few people who are at uni there :smile:
Reply 89
I have got my first shifts this week, saturday and sunday!

Saturday : 11AM - 6PM
Sunday : 4PM - 9PM
Original post by .Dezer.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by 5hyl33n
Good luck! :biggrin:

tysm ily x :smile:
Original post by .Dezer.

gd luck, I hope u enjoy it :smile:
Reply 93
Wellll considering I had two tests today, I feel awsome, I walked out of maths confident but then I realised that I messed up the seven marker but I feel really confidant that I well get ECF marks on that so around 91% for maths...and my chemistry test, ngl I think I 98% i.e I dropped 1 mark. I am so happy that my revision is paying off!!!!

Sorry I didn't do an update post last week, my shifts were just terrible times and after I came back I was just too tired, I am really sorry :frown:

I will an update on this week tommorow and maybe last week! I have work as well so this all just depends on how tired I am....

I forgot to mention my physics one, I wasn't very happy about this one but I got 71% I made a lot of silly mistake and the test was out of 35 so every mark was around 2.9% so I kind of messed up...
Stay safe everyone!

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by .Dezer.
Wellll considering I had two tests today, I feel awsome, I walked out of maths confident but then I realised that I messed up the seven marker but I feel really confidant that I well get ECF marks on that so around 91% for maths...and my chemistry test, ngl I think I 98% i.e I dropped 1 mark. I am so happy that my revision is paying off!!!!

Sorry I didn't do an update post last week, my shifts were just terrible times and after I came back I was just too tired, I am really sorry :frown:

I will an update on this week tommorow and maybe last week! I have work as well so this all just depends on how tired I am....

I forgot to mention my physics one, I wasn't very happy about this one but I got 71% I made a lot of silly mistake and the test was out of 35 so every mark was around 2.9% so I kind of messed up...
Stay safe everyone!

Spoiler

Awwww bless ya, it's alright, dw about it :smile:
hey, I'm in the same position as you, would you ever consider a foundation year?
Reply 96
Original post by helpme111
hey, I'm in the same position as you, would you ever consider a foundation year?

Nope, I would maybe take a gap year but thats worst case scenario...Unis dont give foundation years unless you have done the wrong subjects
Original post by .Dezer.
Nope, I would maybe take a gap year but thats worst case scenario...Unis dont give foundation years unless you have done the wrong subjects

ahh okay, which uni's are you planning on applying to? Also, I don't think that's true since manchester uni gives offers of BBC with a foundation year with maths and science subjects
Reply 98
Original post by helpme111
ahh okay, which uni's are you planning on applying to? Also, I don't think that's true since manchester uni gives offers of BBC with a foundation year with maths and science subjects

honestly dunno cus of my grades dude....and oh I didnt know that, I was just told that by my school careers advisor???
Original post by .Dezer.
honestly dunno cus of my grades dude....and oh I didnt know that, I was just told that by my school careers advisor???

okay, i guess it must be different for different uni's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending