The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think they are too prestigious for this forum xd, bearing in mind the last two prime ministers have attended that college.
Original post by dhruvit_p
x

Yh just looked at it :smile:
Ppl there are defo quite nice acc, though the stereotype

Ik a guy who went there and he defo was a very nice guy
x

Not gonna say lol but defo not Eton aha plus I'm a girl so I couldn't go if I wanted to😔
Hbu? If u don't mind....
I know a boy who got a scholarship there. One of the most well-spoken, polite, intelligent, athletic and... dare I say handsome... boys I've ever met. I'm sure there are some awful snobs there, but he is really lovely.
good luck
how old r u?
ive heard u hv to apply to eton when ur a baby or something lol cuz that's how much it is in demand :/
Original post by symphonia
I know a boy who got a scholarship there. One of the most well-spoken, polite, intelligent, athletic and... dare I say handsome... boys I've ever met. I'm sure there are some awful snobs there, but he is really lovely.

yeah:smile:
x

ah ok nice
i hv never heard of harrow or st pauls lol so i cant giev any advice on that :/
best of luck though!! ill be so excited for you if u get in lmao it seems like hogwarts aha
Original post by vix.xvi
Just curious lol

@Napp might have gone there judging from his complex vocabulary and his support for past British imperialism.
x

never thought of applying...guess its too late as I've just started yr 12 now so... :/ guess my dream will remain just a dream lol
its ok though i go to a great grammar school so in terms of results I'm in a good position :smile:

edit: i just looked at their a level results and compared it to my school there's acc a massiveeee difference. only 47% in our school gets A-A*s at a level :/
(edited 3 years ago)
x

The data doesn't say it's 'terrible' - some performance measures are good and the Sixth form is rated 'good'. You can't compare raw results between a highly selective school and a comp. Your current school has a high number of disadvantage students {DfE data}
(edited 3 years ago)

You don't have to go to a Private school to get great A level results. Remember state school can't manipulate their data in the same way that Private schools can ...
Original post by vix.xvi
Just curious lol

Yes I know a few and also a few teachers there.
Original post by vix.xvi
never thought of applying...guess its too late as I've just started yr 12 now so... :/ guess my dream will remain just a dream lol
its ok though i go to a great grammar school so in terms of results I'm in a good position :smile:

edit: i just looked at their a level results and compared it to my school there's acc a massiveeee difference. only 47% in our school gets A-A*s at a level :/

You can't compare raw results - Eton is highly selective - far more than a GS. What's the progress data like?

What proportion of disadvantaged students do they have?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Muttley79
You can't compare raw results - Eton is highly selective - far more than a GS. What's the progress data like?

What proportion of disadvantaged students do they have?

20% are disadvantaged students which is acc quite a lot of seats reserved for pupil premium...
the progress 8 score is 0.72 but i hv no idea what that means...
Original post by Toastedshoes12
I think they are too prestigious for this forum xd, bearing in mind the last two prime ministers have attended that college.

Theresa May attended Eton?
Original post by vix.xvi
20% are disadvantaged students which is acc quite a lot of seats reserved for pupil premium...
the progress 8 score is 0.72 but i hv no idea what that means...

Eton's A level progress is only 'average' [-0.04] and they have fewer than 5 disadvantaged students in the 2019 A level cohort. Very different to a GS ...
Eton's A level progress is only 'average' [-0.04] and they have fewer than 5 disadvantaged students in the 2019 A level cohort. Very different to a GS ...

oh wow thats quite different...
Yes I know a few and also a few teachers there.

sounds dodgy
Original post by yeetouttawindow
sounds dodgy

Why? I'm a teacher myself.

Latest

Trending

Trending