The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

probably not one that the police will care about.
Original post by Anonymous
I contacted the jehovahs witnesses online, giving them the name and office telephone number of someone that, in a professional capacity bullied me.

You haven't really provided enough information. I would recommend that you provide more information to us (or consult a legal professional).
Reply 3
Original post by 2_versions
probably not one that the police will care about.

Hopefully, but they are a nurse.
Hopefully, but they are a nurse.

Doesn't really change anything, chances are they tell the Jehovah's to take them off the list and it's the end of it.
I contacted the jehovahs witnesses online, giving them the name and office telephone number of someone that, in a professional capacity bullied me.

IDK might breach some data protection act maybe.

I doubt it will amount to anything, the JW's will probably call/email them, then they will instruct them to remove them from their contact list and it will be done, I suspect your not the first person to attempt a prank on jehovahs witnesses.
Reply 6
It's a pretty pathetic thing to do but no.

If you keep doing it over and over, it could be deemed harassment which is a criminal offence.

If you are being bullied, you should report it through the correct channels and look to sort the situation out properly. Things like this won't resolve anything and will likely escalate the situation.
Reply 7
Original post by mnot
IDK might breach some data protection act maybe.

I doubt it will amount to anything, the JW's will probably call/email them, then they will instruct them to remove them from their contact list and it will be done, I suspect your not the first person to attempt a prank on jehovahs witnesses.

Both the phone number and associated name are available within the public domain. Could this still potentially be a breach of the data protection act?
Both the phone number and associated name are available within the public domain. Could this still potentially be a breach of the data protection act?

No idea, I'm not a lawyer.

Why?
What have the JW got to do with it? Oranges are not the only fruit?
Original post by 999tigger
Why?
What have the JW got to do with it? Oranges are not the only fruit?

I chose between scientologists (the most professionally embarrassing), Mormons and JWs (the most persistent).

The JWs form didn't require an email address, so that was that.
I chose between scientologists (the most professionally embarrassing), Mormons and JWs (the most persistent).

The JWs form didn't require an email address, so that was that.

Not seeing the point of wasting their time. Sign him up for time shares or sex lines etc.
Reply 12
Not sure but in the very least this is utterly pointless. Move on with your life, petty little things like this are just going to drag on your anger.
Yes.

Off to the Gulag with you! :fuhrer:
Original post by 999tigger
Not seeing the point of wasting their time. Sign him up for time shares or sex lines etc.

What is a 'time share'?
What is a 'time share'?

its basically a massive shared property where you buy access to a property for a set number of weeks every year.

But they are notorious for their long painful sales pitches.
Original post by mnot
its basically a massive shared property where you buy access to a property for a set number of weeks every year.

But they are notorious for their long painful sales pitches.

Like the type where they don't seem to be able to understand no thankyou and please don't call me back?
Like the type where they don't seem to be able to understand no thankyou and please don't call me back?

exactly
Want to thank everyone in this thread. I feel almost sorry for the JW's.
Have contacted 2 dodgy looking time shares, but will stop at that.
What is a 'time share'?

Anyway to answer the OP , no it is not a criminal offence although if you repeat it, then it could be. Move on.

Latest

Trending

Trending