The Student Room Group

Been calorie counting and now I feel sick after eating big meals?

I've been calorie counting for about 2 weeks, my calorie intake is 1350 calories a day. So like I said, its been two weeks, usually I would love to eat big meals and stuff my face... hence why I'm trying to loose weight. It was my cheat day today (I have a cheat day once a week) and both times I've felt sick and not right after eatibg more than normal.
Now I'm NOT stuffing my face Mukbang style, I'm just making the most out of not having to put the food on a scale, and enjoying it. I wouldn't say I had a lot of food but it's more than I would eat on a calorie countint day.

I've felt so sick, and while I enjoyed the food, as soon as I was done I regretted eating it because I felt terrible after. Is this normal when calorie counting? Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
anyone?
Reply 3
You shouldn't really be unhappy putting food on a scale, you have an unhealthy mindset.
Reply 5
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
You shouldn't really be unhappy putting food on a scale, you have an unhealthy mindset.

well you clearly dont know how yo calotie count then.

Can you help me with what I asked please
Original post by Anonymous
well you clearly dont know how yo calotie count then.

Can you help me with what I asked please

I am sorry if you believe getting anxious when putting food on a scale is part of the calorie counting experience. My recommendation would be just not have cheat meals it implies that u don't enjoy your diet otherwise. Include foods you like in Ur normal diet.
I've felt so sick, and while I enjoyed the food, as soon as I was done I regretted eating it because I felt terrible after. Is this normal when calorie counting? Has anyone experienced the same thing?

No, you are creating an unhealthy relationship with food.
Maybe you're getting used to eating less and your stomach is shrinking so when you go back to your old habits you can't take it anymore? that should be a good thing I suppose
Reply 9
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
I am sorry if you believe getting anxious when putting food on a scale is part of the calorie counting experience. My recommendation would be just not have cheat meals it implies that u don't enjoy your diet otherwise. Include foods you like in Ur normal diet.

I dont remember saying I was anxious or hunting at it. What are you talking about?
Original post by DiddyDec
No, you are creating an unhealthy relationship with food.

Tell me whats so unhealthy about this please. I'm laughing right now
Original post by chopingirl
Maybe you're getting used to eating less and your stomach is shrinking so when you go back to your old habits you can't take it anymore? that should be a good thing I suppose

Exactly, I thought it would have shown that I dont need an excessive amount of food anymore, but there's ignorant people trying to make out like people have issues for changing their lifestyle.

I wanted it clarifying from others who have counted calories because I didnt expect jt to make such a different in 2 weeks
I dont remember saying I was anxious or hunting at it. What are you talking about?

hinting**
Exactly, I thought it would have shown that I dont need an excessive amount of food anymore, but there's ignorant people trying to make out like people have issues for changing their lifestyle.

I wanted it clarifying from others who have counted calories because I didnt expect jt to make such a different in 2 weeks

Hi, try to cut back on junk food, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, deep fried food sugary drinks etc and just stick to vegetables, lean meat and fruit. E.g. have porridge with berries and apple for breakfast, an omelette (use two large eggs) with lots of tomatoes and peppers for lunch with a slice of rye/sourdough bread and then a pan fried chicken breast with green vegetables for dinner. Just use as a general guideline but this meal plan provides you with good nutrition and will fill you up healthily. Hope that helps.
I've been calorie counting for about 2 weeks, my calorie intake is 1350 calories a day. So like I said, its been two weeks, usually I would love to eat big meals and stuff my face... hence why I'm trying to loose weight. It was my cheat day today (I have a cheat day once a week) and both times I've felt sick and not right after eatibg more than normal.
Now I'm NOT stuffing my face Mukbang style, I'm just making the most out of not having to put the food on a scale, and enjoying it. I wouldn't say I had a lot of food but it's more than I would eat on a calorie countint day.

How many calories are you eating on such a day?
Why not calorie count but instead of the uncertainty and guilt, factor in how much more you will be allowed to eat on that day?
Alternatively split your excess over 2 days and eat smaller treat meals.

I tend to think cheat days are a bit dumb because the deficit always knows.
You need to chill with food and be able to know you created enough of a weekly deficit that eating a bit extra is fine and not undoing all the work of the previous seven days. As long as your weight is going down consistently over time then I wouldnt worry.
body image disorder, get checked
Original post by confuseduser
OP seeking for help and then getting offended when they get answers. attention seeking type behaviour

Get out of my question, if you do decide to stay be expected to not be responded to any longer.
Original post by Lazarevic
Hi, try to cut back on junk food, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, deep fried food sugary drinks etc and just stick to vegetables, lean meat and fruit. E.g. have porridge with berries and apple for breakfast, an omelette (use two large eggs) with lots of tomatoes and peppers for lunch with a slice of rye/sourdough bread and then a pan fried chicken breast with green vegetables for dinner. Just use as a general guideline but this meal plan provides you with good nutrition and will fill you up healthily. Hope that helps.

I'm eating 1350 calories a day. I stay well away from junk food unless I'm on a cheat day
Original post by 999tigger
How many calories are you eating on such a day?
Why not calorie count but instead of the uncertainty and guilt, factor in how much more you will be allowed to eat on that day?
Alternatively split your excess over 2 days and eat smaller treat meals.

I tend to think cheat days are a bit dumb because the deficit always knows.
You need to chill with food and be able to know you created enough of a weekly deficit that eating a bit extra is fine and not undoing all the work of the previous seven days. As long as your weight is going down consistently over time then I wouldnt worry.

cheat days do not massively impact the overall weekly deficit as long as you haven't been cheating yourself by not measuring your food accurately during the othee 6 days.

I have learnt to not eat as much now, i learnt the hard way because I cant eat it anymore. Thursdays are my cheat day, so it was today and this time I didnt overeat and there was no sick feeling. I'm quite happy with the fact that I'm eating smaller portions naturally
cheat days do not massively impact the overall weekly deficit as long as you haven't been cheating yourself by not measuring your food accurately during the othee 6 days.

I have learnt to not eat as much now, i learnt the hard way because I cant eat it anymore. Thursdays are my cheat day, so it was today and this time I didnt overeat and there was no sick feeling. I'm quite happy with the fact that I'm eating smaller portions naturally

Youve been at it 2 weeks. No need to tell me. Are you weighing all your food on kitchen scales?

Quick Reply

Latest