The Student Room Group

Can I self study M1 in 2 months?

I have completed Physics AS, so is Maths M1 a problem for me? I saw one paper and there are a lot of questions similar to Physics Unit 1. Facing much uncertainty about the summer 2021 exams, and as a mechanical engineering applicant for 2021, I am thinking of taking this unit and P3 in January, while only getting a CAG for P4 if needed.
Reply 1
Lmaoo Yhh. Uni really has me studying a whole module or 2 before my exams🤣
Reply 2
Original post by Yazziii
Lmaoo Yhh. Uni really has me studying a whole module or 2 before my exams🤣

I am starting just after the October exams and I am taking the paper in January. I saw one paper and I think I can get around 50-55/75 for now. I am hoping to bump up to 60-65 by the time I take the exam as this mark should be enough for A.
By the way, I have received an A in both of my Physics Unit 1 mocks if the grade boundaries of the real exams are used in my school.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 8013
I am starting just after the October exams and I am taking the paper in January. I saw one paper and I think I can get around 50-55/75 for now. I am hoping to bump up to 60-65 by the time I take the exam as this mark should be enough for A.

Always aim high. Whether you feel like you’ll get it or not, there’s a likely chance you’ll get a pretty high grade. Plus make sure you arrange your time well and believe in yourself. Wish you the best xx
Reply 4
Original post by Yazziii
Always aim high. Whether you feel like you’ll get it or not, there’s a likely chance you’ll get a pretty high grade. Plus make sure you arrange your time well and believe in yourself. Wish you the best xx

Thanks! I have now decided to follow my mum’s footsteps, who managed to get Merits when self-studying two very difficult exams (Corporate Governance and HK Corporate Law) which less than 50% of candidates pass each year.
I am now going to self-teach M1, in order to create less chaos in the May/June exams.
If you're confident with the physics content you should be able to give it a good go yeah :smile: it's obviously more numbers-based but the theory behind it is the same, and stuff like equations of motion/SUVAT you'll be able to do standing on your head by now.
Reply 6
Original post by 8013
Thanks! I have now decided to follow my mum’s footsteps, who managed to get Merits when self-studying two very difficult exams (Corporate Governance and HK Corporate Law) which less than 50% of candidates pass each year.
I am now going to self-teach M1, in order to create less chaos in the May/June exams.

Like mother like daughter. I’m sure you’ll succeed like her. You can find most information online anyways so go for ittt x
Reply 7
Here are my marks on the papers so far:
Highest: 71
Lowest: 50 (first attempt)
Average: 64
I feel that I should be able to get an A grade!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
I am about to take the exam! Wish me luck!
Reply 9
I got my result yesterday. It is 85 UMS! I did it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending