Is it rude to take a guy out on a date and block him after

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I went on a date yesterday, he took me to a restaurant in the city which was about £52 which isn’t much. Plus he received a parking ticket around £60 or more. So when I got home, he started telling me he’s “horny” etc and then I just told him that he hadn’t lost much money on me anyway, he came in a cheap car, and wasn’t dressed well. He then said that he had respected and taken me out. But I didn’t like his sexual comments so ended up blocking him. He was going to type something, but I blocked him early. Would you say this is normal to do? And I didn’t come across as rude?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Who cares if it's rude or not? He made you feel uncomfortable and expected sex from you after doing the bare minimum to take you out. Tho now I'm curious to see what he would've said to fix that.
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if you don’t like him no, don’t feel obliged to carry on talking too him.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
He sounds like he was pushing it. You have no obligation to put up with things that make you feel uncomfortable, it was probably the right thing to do.
Black Cat
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I went on a date yesterday, he took me to a restaurant in the city which was about £52 which isn’t much. Plus he received a parking ticket around £60 or more. So when I got home, he started telling me he’s “horny” etc and then I just told him that he hadn’t lost much money on me anyway, he came in a cheap car, and wasn’t dressed well. He then said that he had respected and taken me out. But I didn’t like his sexual comments so ended up blocking him. He was going to type something, but I blocked him early. Would you say this is normal to do? And I didn’t come across as rude?
That's actually extremely rude to block someone straight away perhaps you can clear the air with him and be brutally honest?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Crass comment, also if it was clear you hadn’t hit it off, you did the right thing.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You didn't like him and you blocked him. I am sure it will happen to you at some point, so no worries!
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You definitely did the right thing. What a creep!
chaotic1328
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Who cares if it's rude or not? He made you feel uncomfortable and expected sex from you after doing the bare minimum to take you out. Tho now I'm curious to see what he would've said to fix that.
Are you seriously suggesting that if the guy had put more effect into the date, then he can, in your words, 'expected sex'? Surely whether a guy can legitimately expect sex after a date is not the amount of effect he had put in, but whether the desire for sexual activities are mutual?
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't think blocking anyone is the right thing to do. It always seems more sensible to just tell them straight up?
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by chaotic1328)
Are you seriously suggesting that if the guy had put more effect into the date, then he can, in your words, 'expected sex'? Surely whether a guy can legitimately expect sex after a date is not the amount of effect he had put in, but whether the desire for sexual activities are mutual?
No, every date should be followed by rampant sex! Its only fair to both people!
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If it makes you feel better, the £60 parking fine is halved to £30 if paid within 10-14 days.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Black Cat)
That's actually extremely rude to block someone straight away perhaps you can clear the air with him and be brutally honest?
i agree
poor guy spent over a hundred pounds that day lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by vix.xvi)
i agree
poor guy spent over a hundred pounds that day lol
No lol. The parking ticket is halved if paid within 14 days. Plus you can also appeal
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You both sound awful and in future pay for your own meal!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
Agree with Scotney you both sound unlikeable.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Agree with Scotney you both sound unlikeable.
PRSOM!
Haynfrn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It doesn't matter what he did or what he spent, if he crossed a boundary and made you feel uncomfortable - the block was necessary. You don't owe him anything and certainly don't need to accept sleezy sexist behavior so early on. Doesn't matter how he was dressed or how much was spent - the texting was wrong. You could have told him that you weren't comfortable and that he crossed a boundary prior to blocking but again this is up to you. Tbh it sounds like he was after sex, not a relationship. Any decent man looking for a relationship is a little more respectful early on.
Anonymous #1
I think he knew from the moment we met and before we met that I wasn’t interested. Most guys can tell these things whether she’s interested or not. He probably knew that it would be just a meal so didn’t care about what he said lol.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
His comments were creepy, but you haven't given any context and maybe that was the kind of hints and conversations you were having before this?

However, you come across as a gold digger by complaining about the cost of the meal, his clothes and 'cheap car'. Maybe that's all he can afford? If he hadn't said he was horny, would you have made those nasty jibes back?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (379)
19.52%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads