The Student Room Group

Thread: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've hit the discussion required on the app centre but I won't be able to relocate to Tilbury, hopefully my two options of Felixstowe/Harwich become available, what about u?
Reply 21
Original post by Jordiesaurus
Awh, im sorry to hear that! It was also my 3rd choice and I would probably have to relocate in order to accept, however, I'm trying to weigh up the pros/cons! Are you going to hang on for a different location?

I rejected the offer for Tilbury! Its a 3 hour commute:frown: Apparently no positions in FXS and Harwich!

what was the salary again for this, I read it was 21011 upon first applying however the documentation I was sent during my provisional offer had 15500-18700(London)
Reply 22
Original post by BKIN01
I rejected the offer for Tilbury! Its a 3 hour commute:frown: Apparently no positions in FXS and Harwich!

what was the salary again for this, I read it was 21011 upon first applying however the documentation I was sent during my provisional offer had 15500-18700(London)

Sucks about the location, have they put you back on the hold list or is that it for this campaign?

I remember reading somewhere about the salary being around 21000 so who knows. I emailed them about the waiting list and they told me it's based on interview scores, so fingers crossed something comes up in the locations I've applied for.
Reply 23
Original post by Sitter
Sucks about the location, have they put you back on the hold list or is that it for this campaign?

I remember reading somewhere about the salary being around 21000 so who knows. I emailed them about the waiting list and they told me it's based on interview scores, so fingers crossed something comes up in the locations I've applied for.

Erm, I've asked them if I'll still be on waiting list for FXS and Harwidh awaiting back, really frustrating I passed and couldn't get into my location lol. Did you base your video assessment on the three behaviours of delivering at pace, managing an effective service and the final one I don't remember?
Reply 24
Original post by BKIN01
Erm, I've asked them if I'll still be on waiting list for FXS and Harwidh awaiting back, really frustrating I passed and couldn't get into my location lol. Did you base your video assessment on the three behaviours of delivering at pace, managing an effective service and the final one I don't remember?

Hope they keep you on the waiting list. Can't really remember what I said for the interview TBH, but I think it was strength based rather than the behaviours (think that making effective decisions was the other one). Whatever I said it obviously worked tho!
Reply 25
Original post by Sitter
Hope they keep you on the waiting list. Can't really remember what I said for the interview TBH, but I think it was strength based rather than the behaviours (think that making effective decisions was the other one). Whatever I said it obviously worked tho!

Yes well I didn't go by those three behaviours I did on my written assessment when you were provided with a case study but not the interview.

however on the application centre it lists those 3 behaviours and says "0 - Not assessed" so I'm unsure if that means I got 0 or that didn't assess it lol
Reply 26
Original post by BKIN01
Yes well I didn't go by those three behaviours I did on my written assessment when you were provided with a case study but not the interview.

however on the application centre it lists those 3 behaviours and says "0 - Not assessed" so I'm unsure if that means I got 0 or that didn't assess it lol

Don't think they assessed it as I think mine said the same.
Reply 27
Anybody heard anything recently? I'm usually a patient person, but not so much with this. If people don't mind me asking, those of you who had job offers, what score did you get for your interview please?
Reply 28
Original post by BKIN01
I've hit the discussion required on the app centre but I won't be able to relocate to Tilbury, hopefully my two options of Felixstowe/Harwich become available, what about u?

Guys. I would like to take Tilbury😀is 2 minutes from my home. But unfortunately they didn't take me. So trying for Immigration Officer Assistant in Stansted. Will ask them to relocate me 🤞😀If you are in Tilbury send me a message, we meet up for a coffee. I want this position so badly
Helllloooo, I applied for the apprenticeship position in June 2020. I was put on hold until interviews could be made and then I was given an interview date around the 17th September until 22nd September. I then got an email to say I met the required standard but they were unable to offer me a job immediately, I applied for Hull, google and Grimsby. Just wondering if anyone else applied for these and have heard anything else?? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Alexnolan99
Helllloooo, I applied for the apprenticeship position in June 2020. I was put on hold until interviews could be made and then I was given an interview date around the 17th September until 22nd September. I then got an email to say I met the required standard but they were unable to offer me a job immediately, I applied for Hull, google and Grimsby. Just wondering if anyone else applied for these and have heard anything else?? Thank you :smile:

I applied for Grimsby and Immingham and got an offer on 9th September
Reply 31
I was placed on the reserve list following a successful interview Sept 14th, applied for Heysham and Holyhead and haven't heard anything since. Wondering what impact the progress of Brexit negotiations (or lack of?!) will have...
Reply 32
My application is still on hold. Anyone else?
Congrats! Where did you receive your offer for?
Original post by Sitter
I was placed on the reserve list following a successful interview Sept 14th, applied for Heysham and Holyhead and haven't heard anything since. Wondering what impact the progress of Brexit negotiations (or lack of?!) will have...

I heard that there most likely going to need more border force staff for January when brexit and everything takes place
Congrats! Where did you receive your offer for?

Immingham, someone else I know got there offer for the same place about 10 days ago
Reply 36
I heard that there most likely going to need more border force staff for January when brexit and everything takes place

Hope so, I'm not great at this waiting game!
What did everyone put on the New Starter form for start date, they obviously ask you to complete this when you get a Provisional Offer so don't have a start date! Did everyone choose section C if they have had a P45 already?
Reply 38
I've not personally received an offer yet, but where I used to work and I used to have to complete peoples new starter forms, I've would just put the date of completing the form, or say if it was a weekend I'd put the Monday following that weekend. Obviously dates depends on SC so they can't expect you to know! So I think the day you complete the form is completely fine :smile:
Reply 39
Just had a provisional offer through this afternoon for Holyhead, anybody else? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending