The Student Room Group

Anyone else struggling to find a part time job?

I've been applying to loads of jobs over the past year and now i'm going into my 2nd year of uni and i've still had no luck getting one. I keep getting rejected due to my lack of experience. I've even applied to the low end jobs where it's less competitive such as Mcdonald's and Amazon but I still get rejected or don't hear back for several months. I feel so dejected cause this is going to be so damaging to my future career prospects and there's literally nothing I can do about it. Yes I know most people get a job during college/sixth form but I just could not balance it with my A levels. Now I'm really struggling to get anywhere especially since most people my age would already have atleast 3 years of experience whilst I just have a bit of volunteering work. Anyone have any advice?
Care work? Is this like looking after older people etc? Where do i apply? Also do you think they would hire anyone without any experience? And yeah i have been calling them and all they keep saying is to keep checking my emails and they will get back to me soon, but they never do!
Original post by Loreto2018
Care work? Is this like looking after older people etc? Where do i apply? Also do you think they would hire anyone without any experience? And yeah i have been calling them and all they keep saying is to keep checking my emails and they will get back to me soon, but they never do!

Checking in with pretty much all the dependants, doesn’t have to be old. Try calling up care homes near you, chances are they’re looking for someone. They always are!
Have you looked to see if your students union are hiring or the university will often have their own student recruitment agency for their jobs whether its bar, cafe, catering or even guides for tours or open day helpers these are designed to be flexible and are easier to get than other work, its a good way to build up experience even if its not in a relevant field.
Thanks a lot for that, ill give them a call!
Original post by Fresher18
Have you looked to see if your students union are hiring or the university will often have their own student recruitment agency for their jobs whether its bar, cafe, catering or even guides for tours or open day helpers these are designed to be flexible and are easier to get than other work, its a good way to build up experience even if its not in a relevant field.

With the current Covid situation, my students union have gone online so they're not hiring atm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending