The Student Room Group

Just wondering

If someone can get aab and go to let’s say royal Holloway. And another get aab and go to bristol y don’t people take gap years and reapply and go to a higher tier uni. Like do I make sense. Surely the prestige of a uni matters significantly. Like AAA and go to queen marys or go to even lse with those grades by just taking a year cos u probably didn’t get an offer before, but more likely now cos ur applying with achieved grades.
Some people don’t want to take an entire year out of their lives, some people don’t want to risk not getting into the more prestigious uni and then having no uni place at all. Some people don’t want to go to the most top unis at all for various reasons (I can give you a list of why I didn’t want to apply to Oxbridge even though my grades were more than high enough too)
Reply 2
Original post by Torigracex
Some people don’t want to take an entire year out of their lives, some people don’t want to risk not getting into the more prestigious uni and then having no uni place at all. Some people don’t want to go to the most top unis at all for various reasons (I can give you a list of why I didn’t want to apply to Oxbridge even though my grades were more than high enough too)

Yh but it’s not really a risk cos unis such as Bristol notts Bath etch have high offer rates. And one year is not that long in the grand scheme of things. Idk tbh.
Original post by Ferrari08
Yh but it’s not really a risk cos unis such as Bristol notts Bath etch have high offer rates. And one year is not that long in the grand scheme of things. Idk tbh.

It also depends on the course you’re doing. For example I’m doing vet med at uni, and for that course you generally get around 1500-1800 student applying for 150 places or around 300 offers per uni. Of course you’re right for courses and unis with high offer rates but not all courses are like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending