The Student Room Group

I see Leeds has went into lockdown....

Yet are freshers still travelling there lol, all seems counter-productive of a lockdown to have massive movements of people....

besides that with like 60% of the UK in local lockdown.....why not just call it a national lockdown.
Reply 1
You ‘see’? Why, how high a hill did you need to see it all?

Spoiler

Original post by Moonbow
You ‘see’? Why, how high a hill did you need to see it all?

Spoiler

hahaha sloppy title, yes it does seem like it's teetering, but considering Boris is getting his advice from Tegsnell (sweden non-lockdown expert) it might all be avoided. I mean Spain and France have massive outbreaks and aren't really in lockdown. I'm in the Netherlands and they are considering maybe just locking down Amsterdam, Rotterdam. But people move that's the issue really lol.

I really feel like we should have really restricted the holiday traveling season. I bet when alot of eastern europeans started to mix with western europeans in holiday places in Spain you saw a resurgence. Those eastern countries, Croatia, Poland, Czech, etc simply don't do enough testing. So yes they have small case loads but in reality. If we look back this was the worst time to have a holiday season I believe. Though i myself did move from the UK to the Netherlands, but that was neccessary travel for starting a masters....
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Realitysreflexx
hahaha sloppy title, yes it does seem like it's teetering, but considering Boris is getting his advice from Tegsnell (sweden non-lockdown expert) it might all be avoided. I mean Spain and France have massive outbreaks and aren't really in lockdown. I'm in the Netherlands and they are considering maybe just locking down Amsterdam, Rotterdam. But people move that's the issue really lol.

I really feel like we should have really restricted the holiday traveling season. I bet when alot of eastern europeans started to mix with western europeans in holiday places in Spain you saw a resurgence. Those eastern countries, Croatia, Poland, Czech, etc simply don't do enough testing. So yes they have small case loads but in reality. If we look back this was the worst time to have a holiday season I believe. Though i myself did move from the UK to the Netherlands, but that was neccessary travel for starting a masters....

No worries, same happens to me all the time :laugh:

It’s difficult to say. The response of the opposition a couple of days ago was slightly amusing, Keir Starmer finally came out of the murky waters he’s been hiding in over most of 2020, for the better or worse at this point.
Whatever restrictions the government set on travelling, unfortunately I doubt they’ll ever be properly followed after the wonderful stunt of Dominic Cummings...
Original post by Moonbow
No worries, same happens to me all the time :laugh:

It’s difficult to say. The response of the opposition a couple of days ago was slightly amusing, Keir Starmer finally came out of the murky waters he’s been hiding in over most of 2020, for the better or worse at this point.
Whatever restrictions the government set on travelling, unfortunately I doubt they’ll ever be properly followed after the wonderful stunt of Dominic Cummings...

The Barnard Castle defence is the main reason why so many people are being lax about social distancing and face coverings.
Reply 5
Original post by barnetlad
The Barnard Castle defence is the main reason why so many people are being lax about social distancing and face coverings.

It’s honestly such a shame. I still don’t understand why people refuse to put a face covering over their mouth AND their nose. We clearly need a lesson of the basic respiratory system on BBC news at this point :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Yet are freshers still travelling there lol, all seems counter-productive of a lockdown to have massive movements of people....

besides that with like 60% of the UK in local lockdown.....why not just call it a national lockdown.

60%? Nearer 25%....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54304659

Quick Reply

Latest