The Student Room Group

HC2 form 19 year old in Full time education

Hello!
I recently turned 19 but I'm still in sixth form due to missing a year in school. Today I went to get my medicine and got to know that I had to pay from now on. But then the pharmacist told me that I might be eligible for a HC2 form.

However, I don't have a part time job and I live with my parents who are in receipt of Universal Credit. Am I eligible for this since I don't have any income? If so, how does the process work?

All help is appreciated. Thank you!
Hey, I remember applying for one too. You go to the pharmacy of the GP and ask them for the booklet (HC2 form) they’ll give it to you, you just fill in the details and send it. They’ll either give you the meds completely free or you’ll have to pay more than 1/2 price x. Still will help loads whatever you choose x
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I remember applying for one too. You go to the pharmacy of the GP and ask them for the booklet (HC2 form) they’ll give it to you, you just fill in the details and send it. They’ll either give you the meds completely free or you’ll have to pay more than 1/2 price x. Still will help loads whatever you choose x

Hi! Thank you so much for replying!! My pharmacist said that it's available online apparently?
Also I read somewhere that I need to apply for the HC1 form which is different?

I'm sorry, I'm confused about this all :3
Hi! Thank you so much for replying!! My pharmacist said that it's available online apparently?
Also I read somewhere that I need to apply for the HC1 form which is different?

I'm sorry, I'm confused about this all :3

Yhhh it’s hc1 form. You won’t find the hc2 form anywhere and it is online but I found it so much easier just filling the form.
Reply 4

Hey. Just want to ask did you get HC2 certificate by then? I am in the same situation.
Hello!
I recently turned 19 but I'm still in sixth form due to missing a year in school. Today I went to get my medicine and got to know that I had to pay from now on. But then the pharmacist told me that I might be eligible for a HC2 form.

However, I don't have a part time job and I live with my parents who are in receipt of Universal Credit. Am I eligible for this since I don't have any income? If so, how does the process work?

All help is appreciated. Thank you!

Latest