The Student Room Group

how to be friends with him again?

i have a friend who i've knewn since 2011. in kindergarten (idk what that it's called in the uk) had a huge crush on me and we had a "thing" sort of but i didn't like him back actually. he "broke up" with me because i "snitched" on him. he always had a crush on me until 5th grade (grade 6 in uk) and we were best friends during that time. in 6th grade (year 7) we stopped talking because we didn't have any classes and he'd just say,"hello" to me occasionally. in grade 7 (year 8) i started to have a crush on him and my friend asked him out for me and he was like,"no, sorry. i don't like her like that. we're just friends, nothing more." so in grade 8 (year 9) i had classes with him and he never really talked to me but he'd stare at me a lot. this summer, my "friend" started drama and said that he still has a crush on me... got into a huge fight and said some things i HOPE we didn't mean. i really want to apologize to him and be friends with him again... is there any way to apologize to him?
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m really trying to understand why he is acting like this. I mean, if he has a crush on you, letting you know about it is a good idea in any case (if you don’t like him back, he will be able to move on ; if you like him, you guys are clear what’s going on between the 2 of you).
Keep in mind that rejection takes time to be accepted. But what I’m seeing is that he’s still not over that after all those years & I’m wondering if he’s still trying to get into your head because he doesn’t have any other way to show it to you (sounds ridiculous because he could just tell the truth but remember that he’s a guy and guys are freaking shy when it comes to their feelings!)

The choice is yours - whether you want to talk to him and clarify things, or leave him alone and whenever he comes up to you, just try to not react.

Let me know how it goes! Xoxo
Original post by bettinakovacs
I’m really trying to understand why he is acting like this. I mean, if he has a crush on you, letting you know about it is a good idea in any case (if you don’t like him back, he will be able to move on ; if you like him, you guys are clear what’s going on between the 2 of you).
Keep in mind that rejection takes time to be accepted. But what I’m seeing is that he’s still not over that after all those years & I’m wondering if he’s still trying to get into your head because he doesn’t have any other way to show it to you (sounds ridiculous because he could just tell the truth but remember that he’s a guy and guys are freaking shy when it comes to their feelings!)

The choice is yours - whether you want to talk to him and clarify things, or leave him alone and whenever he comes up to you, just try to not react.

Let me know how it goes! Xoxo

thanks b xxx
i don't even know if he likes me anymore haha.. he's telling me he doesn't and he acts like he hates me lol. my friend told me that he liked me and he was like,"i never said that" but then again everyone on the group chat was like,'He wants to ask you out" and then the friend that might've made it up said that it was a joke. then he got mad at me and started taking his anger out on me...
Cut him off...
His friends might play around with both of you...it is not healthy for you to even listen to them. Block him & those unhealthy friends. They are just parasites in your life who don’t know what else to do with their time than create extra drama for nothing. These people will only cause you trouble! Don’t ever listen to them!!

Btw if this guy really wanted to be friends with you, he would have made the first step instead of taking his rage out on you.
Xoxo
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending