The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yo Im sitting 2 subs, maths in autumn and geo in summer. And yes there’s literally no time it’s all an actual joke. But we can’t do anything :frown:((
Reply 2
Rescheduling exams would be a logistical nightmare and they would probably not be able to get results out before the UCAS January deadline. But I do empathise.
Reply 3
Original post by ważzer
Rescheduling exams would be a logistical nightmare and they would probably not be able to get results out before the UCAS January deadline. But I do empathise.

You do have a point. The whole situation's just messed up but thanks.
I'm sitting English Lit and History A Level in October... it's so soon! English Lit isn't too content heavy which is why I've decided to do both now. Really nervous, feeling more anxious everyday.
Original post by alisha.n
Hey guys, is anyone else feeling really unprepared for the autumn A-level exams? Personally, I feel like 2 months is not enough time to learn/revise 2 years of content.
P.S. I found this petition on delaying the october exams to allow us more time to study, if anyone has the same opinion.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/548626

Uhh most people have had 6 months (March to September) so far to revise for the autumn exams not 2 months (sorry if people get annoyed by this comment but I am sick of people claiming that they only have 2 months to revise for the autumn exams when in reality for most people they have had 5-7 months to prepare for these exams).
Original post by 1st superstar
Uhh most people have had 6 months (March to September) so far to revise for the autumn exams not 2 months (sorry if people get annoyed by this comment but I am sick of people claiming that they only have 2 months to revise for the autumn exams when in reality for most people they have had 5-7 months to prepare for these exams).

No because most people who are decent at a levels thought they’re teacher were gonna bless them. Which hasn’t been the case. So yes we only have 2 months to revise unless u performed very poor in school and knew the teachers were gonna screw u.
Original post by Ferrari08
No because most people who are decent at a levels thought they’re teacher were gonna bless them. Which hasn’t been the case. So yes we only have 2 months to revise unless u performed very poor in school and knew the teachers were gonna screw u.

So what? Some people from other year groups and private candidates have also had no teacher support yet they've had to work throughout March- Results day and beyond or people with learning disabilities who have still had to try and get some work done. Sick of people using the no teacher support argument too. Sorry for the harsh comment but these arguments are really starting to grid my gears.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
So what? Some people from other year groups and private candidates have also had no teacher support yet they've had to work throughout March- Results day and beyond or people with learning disabilities who have still had to try and get some work done. Sick of people using the no teacher support argument too. Sorry for the harsh comment but these arguments are really starting to grid my gears.

This, I think people forget about private candidates a lottt when talking about autumn exams
i totally agree but id rather just get it over and done with to be honest. there isn’t enough time but I feel like most people want to get it over and done with too cos unis r holding spaces for them so idk either way I’ll be okay with what happens ig
Original post by Unlucki
This, I think people forget about private candidates a lottt when talking about autumn exams

Exactly like many private candidates and resit students didn't even get a grade on results day so they are having to sit and revise for the autumn exams, the some of old Y11s and Y12's may have to sit an (or several) autumn exams during the mist of their A-levels and mocks, gap year and resit students are having to take another year out and/or fall another year behind etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Exactly like many private candidates and resit students didn't even get a grade on results day so they are having to sit and revise for the autumn exams, the some of old Y11s and Y12's may have to sit an (or several) autumn exams during the mist of their A-levels and mocks, gap year and resit students are having to take another year out and/or fall another year behind etc.

I agree that private candidates and resit students have been most affected and I totally get that. I wouldn't invalidate or minimise their experience. I'm just sharing how I feel about the autumn exams since many of us are really anxious about them.
Original post by alisha.n
I agree that private candidates and resit students have been most affected and I totally get that. I wouldn't invalidate or minimise their experience. I'm just sharing how I feel about the autumn exams since many of us are really anxious about them.

True it's just that I am sick of people saying that they've only had 2 months to revise when this is false for most people that's all.
Reply 13
Original post by safaamin
I'm sitting English Lit and History A Level in October... it's so soon! English Lit isn't too content heavy which is why I've decided to do both now. Really nervous, feeling more anxious everyday.

Don't worry about it too much. The best we can do is make the best use of the time we have, so I'd suggest revising and doing as many practice papers as possible. Hopefully, we'll all do well!

are you doing ocr english lit? what do you think the questions will be?
:smile:

are you doing ocr english lit?
:smile:

what do you think the hamlet q will be on?

what do you think the paper 1q will be on?
Guys it’s fine if everyone’s in the same boat and hasn’t really prepared then they might lower the grade boundaries so let’s all just try our best and get the amazing grades we deserve!
Original post by Zahra166
what do you think the paper 1q will be on?

Omg I'm so sorry that I've taken so long to reply but I haven't been on TSR to avoid panicking during my exams. I'm on OCR for Eng Lit and P1 was awful for me! I found the Hamlet section far better than the Ibsen/Rossetti section when usually its the other way around. Out of all six questions for Ibsen/Rossetti, I settled on the one about raising issues but not giving solutions (something like that?). Paper 2 (I did dystopia) was okay. They gave us a weird extract but the essay section was alright. I've already preferred the P2 side of the course anyway, I usually get A*s in it compared to Bs in P1. It was an okay set of papers this year but they weren't AMAZING, I guess A Levels rarely are.

Latest