The Student Room Group

Debenhams Christmas team interview

Hi,

I have an in store interview next week for a part time Christmas team job at Debenhams and I have no idea what to expect especially due to COVID-19 as pretty much the only information the confirmation email provided is that you have to maintain social distancing and stay 2 metres away from everyone.

Has anyone had a recent interview and would be able to shed some light on how it works? Is it a group interview or one to one,etc? Also, I have been trying to do some research on Debenhams but is there anything specific that you recommend I look into?

Thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I have a debenhams Christmas interview tomorrow. So I will tell you everything you need to know. I’ll PM after my interview telling you what it was and everything like that. I’m a guy so hopefully I can work in the menswear department. Good luck with your interview.
Original post by AfricanDream
Hi,

I have an in store interview next week for a part time Christmas team job at Debenhams and I have no idea what to expect especially due to COVID-19 as pretty much the only information the confirmation email provided is that you have to maintain social distancing and stay 2 metres away from everyone.

Has anyone had a recent interview and would be able to shed some light on how it works? Is it a group interview or one to one,etc? Also, I have been trying to do some research on Debenhams but is there anything specific that you recommend I look into?

Thanks!!

Check the Debenhams interview process. They’ll ask you why you want to work at Debenhams, what experience you have and why your suitable for the role. Ensure to read the job description and look at the hours. I’ll PM you.
Reply 3
I recently had a interview this week for an Xmas position. Email is very vague, but for me it was just a one-to-one. If they don't tell you it's group it likely won't be. I was asked questions read off a sheet that my interviewer just filled out as I spoke. In and out in 20 mins! Basically on glassdoor they have interview q's from previous applicants, I just made answers and revised all those, and she asked a majority of them! Mostly just customer service based stuff.
Don't have a reply as of yet whether I have it, but good luck!
Original post by kat.muse
I recently had a interview this week for an Xmas position. Email is very vague, but for me it was just a one-to-one. If they don't tell you it's group it likely won't be. I was asked questions read off a sheet that my interviewer just filled out as I spoke. In and out in 20 mins! Basically on glassdoor they have interview q's from previous applicants, I just made answers and revised all those, and she asked a majority of them! Mostly just customer service based stuff.

Hi,

I know this isn’t my thread but I have an interview tomorrow thanks for the message. I hope you get the job. Do you remember what questions they asked.

Thank you so much!! That is really helpful, I hope you get the position.:biggrin:
Reply 6
Hey, unfortunately I can't tell you what questions, as I believe that is against the rules on this site. But I promise ya, they are all on glassdoor. Just go get them! Some have answers too. Think it was around 10-15 questions in total.

Just a quick question, how were you able to access the glassdoor questions, whenever I go on the website it immediately locks the page asking me to 'Add your review or salary to continue using Glassdoor'. I have only got voluntary previous retail experience and my internship was with a university was voluntary after the first 6 months so I can't actually add anything to Glassdoor. Were you able to use glassdoor without needing to do this?
Reply 8
Just a quick question, how were you able to access the glassdoor questions, whenever I go on the website it immediately locks the page asking me to 'Add your review or salary to continue using Glassdoor'. I have only got voluntary previous retail experience and my internship was with a university was voluntary after the first 6 months so I can't actually add anything to Glassdoor. Were you able to use glassdoor without needing to do this?

I didn't have any experience when I signed up, as I was caring for a family member. So I just put care assistant and £0 for a salary- it accepted it! You can always put reviews for wherever you volunteered too.
Hey, unfortunately I can't tell you what questions, as I believe that is against the rules on this site. But I promise ya, they are all on glassdoor. Just go get them! Some have answers too. Think it was around 10-15 questions in total.

Oh ok. I checked they’re the questions I’ve memorised. Thanks for the help! I’ve seen some recent Xmas temps reviews two at 2020 and it was a 1-1 and one got offered the job after the interview.
I didn't have any experience when I signed up, as I was caring for a family member. So I just put care assistant and £0 for a salary- it accepted it! You can always put reviews for wherever you volunteered too.

Thanks, I just did a review for the charity I volunteered with but I think it's pending approval so I still can't view the interview page properly- hopefully it gets approved soon.
(edited 3 years ago)
@kat.muse Did you have to at all provide references as I don't remember the application asking for any? Thanks!
@kat.muse Did you have to at all provide references as I don't remember the application asking for any? Thanks!

I didn't provide any at interview, and there isn't any in my application form either. I assume they will ask once an offer is made, if at all!
Hi,

Thanks!!

All l know is they are closing down as they have gone bankrupt look it up Google it
Original post by Scottishlad888
All l know is they are closing down as they have gone bankrupt look it up Google it

lol, link? they've gone bust twice this year and are still going...read some big money man was gonna buy it anyway. no biggie.
lol, link? they've gone bust twice this year and are still going...read some big money man was gonna buy it anyway. no biggie.

The money man is not buying now he is the owner of sports direct Mick Ashley Debenhams are finished look for a job some where else if they go bust over xmas time you wont get paid as there would be no money to pay the wages most people are buying on line and not in stores and we now have a 2nd wave of Covid-19 try TKMAXX an american company they will take you on for xmas and might keep you on after xmas as well
The money man is not buying now he is the owner of sports direct Mick Ashley Debenhams are finished look for a job some where else if they go bust over xmas time you wont get paid as there would be no money to pay the wages most people are buying on line and not in stores and we now have a 2nd wave of Covid-19 try TKMAXX an american company they will take you on for xmas and might keep you on after xmas as well

Hopefully they will stay open over Christmas, I heard they hired a liquidation expert in August but it could take ages before anything actually happens. There are very few entry level retail jobs available in the area where I live and even neighbouring areas so there are not many choices or opportunities for retail work- everything is also more competitive as so many people lost their jobs this year. If I get the job, I'll have to take it and just really hope and trust that everything works out or at least that it remains open over Christmas.
I didn't provide any at interview, and there isn't any in my application form either. I assume they will ask once an offer is made, if at all!

Thanks xx

Do you mind me asking what you wore to interview? I have a navy blue suit (in a modern style) with white shirt that I wore to a university interview earlier this year, I am pairing that with a navy court shoe that has a small and thicker heel. It's super comfortable and fits me well.
Thanks xx

Do you mind me asking what you wore to interview? I have a navy blue suit (in a modern style) with white shirt that I wore to a university interview earlier this year, I am pairing that with a navy court shoe that has a small and thicker heel. It's super comfortable and fits me well.

I can tell you exactly! I wore all black as I heard that was the dress code (was told at interview its not code for xmas associates though. interviewer said whatever you feel like that looks the part, e.g. no ripped jeans or brands).

I wore these 4 things:

Miss Selfridge 'Black Ruched Sleeve Ponte Blazer' https://www.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/black-ruched-sleeve-ponte-blazer-9137486
Dorothy Perkins 'Black Camisole Top' https://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/black-camisole-9727494
Dorothy Perkins 'Black Seam Treggings' https://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/black-seam-treggings-10086077
(Didnt mean to buy 'treggings', they didnt even look it in store! just looked like tight pants. oops)

Asda 'Black Canvas Ballet Shoes' https://direct.asda.com/george/women/shoes/black-canvas-ballet-shoes/GEM750383,default,pd.html?cgid=D1M1G20C20

I went all out for black stuff! Thank god I didn't buy any more since it's not needed. The shoes are cheap as chips but honestly my favourite thing, I'm not a big heel person. Don't rub at all. Only last around 6 months, but for that price it's worth it.

Eh couldn't care less about getting paid I just worked for free all summer at a charity before it went bust. Would get a job, or volunteer anywhere else if I could. Everything in my town is going bust or not hiring. You'd think for a big city like Manc there would be jobs! But the competition is wild. Back in July a big restaurant put out a job ad for a receptionist. It got 1 thousands applicants in a DAY! Even maccies told me no. Times are tough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending