The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied science unit 1 exam is it difficult?

I did health and social for the last 2 years and did combined science GCSE and got a 5/5 on exam (it was the foundation paper tho) is the exams kinda similar to GCSE, I want to do good at this course. Any tips and info appreciated.
Original post by LouyLou
I did health and social for the last 2 years and did combined science GCSE and got a 5/5 on exam (it was the foundation paper tho) is the exams kinda similar to GCSE, I want to do good at this course. Any tips and info appreciated.

i'm in the same boat and it seems there isn't much help for us with experienced people :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by young.one
i'm in the same boat and it seems there isn't much help for us with experienced people :frown:

Yeah and I can't find like any mock or past papers, I think it may be because this course use to not have exams maybe? Anyways good luck
I'm on the older version of the Applied Science course which doesn't have exams but I know people who have taken the newer version and it's not that bad. They split Unit 1 up into 3 separate 30 minute papers which makes it a little less overwhelming. As long as you revise and listen to your teacher's advise you should do well.
Reply 4
Original post by tiktoksensation
I'm on the older version of the Applied Science course which doesn't have exams but I know people who have taken the newer version and it's not that bad. They split Unit 1 up into 3 separate 30 minute papers which makes it a little less overwhelming. As long as you revise and listen to your teacher's advise you should do well.

Yeah I also think that the exams are set out similar to GSCEs in the sense that some questions are multi choice etc and then only a few longer worded questions that require more thought.
Original post by LouyLou

its not very hard just use the book and revision guide and do past papers you will be able to get a good grade its easier than a gcse science paper.I got a merit and i only studied for 2 weeks before the exam.
Reply 6
Original post by CrystalRose17
its not very hard just use the book and revision guide and do past papers you will be able to get a good grade its easier than a gcse science paper.I got a merit and i only studied for 2 weeks before the exam.

I remember finding my GCSE science easy but that was the foundation paper. Thank you for your reply and advise, exams stress me out.
Original post by LouyLou
I remember finding my GCSE science easy but that was the foundation paper. Thank you for your reply and advise, exams stress me out.

I did the higher paper for gcse combine science and had a 5-6 and I had found the unit exam for btech applied science a lot easier than that .Unit 3 is hard but unit 1 is easy if you actually revise for it.No problem I advise you to not let all the revision for the last minute ,just revise a little bit very now and then and you will be fine .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending