The Student Room Group

What TV shows are you excited to watch this autumn?

All the big TV shows are coming back in the coming weeks to keep us entertained when the evenings get chilly. :couchpotato: Are you looking forward to any?

I'm very excited for Bake Off. :woo: I didn't think it was coming back this year so it was a nice surprise to see it advertised! Only 3 days to go! :gah:

Check out our other autumn threads here!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrawTheLine
All the big TV shows are coming back in the coming weeks to keep us entertained when the evenings get chilly. :couchpotato: Are you looking forward to any?

I'm very excited for Bake Off. :woo: I didn't think it was coming back this year so it was a nice surprise to see it advertised! Only 3 days to go! :gah:

bake off of course, i'd imagined that they'd bought a lot of flour on the black market when there were bad stock issues during filming.
Im really happy bake off has started again.
BUT I CANT BELIEVE THERE IS ONLY GONNA BE 10 WEEKS IN STRICTLY THIS YEAR INSTEAD OF13!
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
BUT I CANT BELIEVE THERE IS ONLY GONNA BE 10 WEEKS IN STRICTLY THIS YEAR INSTEAD OF13!

Count that to be lucky for you then. Many would say that’s 10 weeks too many.
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒

Original post by AccountHolder
Count that to be lucky for you then. Many would say that’s 10 weeks too many.

Strictly has possibly run its course, and now resorting to so-called 'celebrities'. I understand the skill and training is a lot, its healthy and a skill, but I think most 'reality' shows have a limited lifespan. The Apprentice should have ended years ago, for example.
Original post by barnetlad
Strictly has possibly run its course, and now resorting to so-called 'celebrities'. I understand the skill and training is a lot, its healthy and a skill, but I think most 'reality' shows have a limited lifespan. The Apprentice should have ended years ago, for example.

In all honesty, Strictly is still popular so I don’t think it’s run it’s course per-se but it does need some changes and where I think it suffers is because it’s run by BBC.

1) Forced diversity - whilst diversity is a good thing on paper, the BBC are hellbent on it. They now seem insistent to have a disabled contestant every year. For whatever reason, there doesn’t seem to be many people with a disability that have a reasonably high profile but as the BBC insist on it, that means a relatively meh signing (only Jonnie Peacock seemed to excite people).
2) They’re too determined to be a ‘family show’ and they go too far in trying to appeal to kids that it has recently ended up like a pantomime. Probably why Darcey Bussell left - a classy person like her probably saw the more recent series to be a bit of a joke and waste of her time.
3) Not enough money as they aren’t funded via adverts and ultimately have a smaller budget for the cast than ITV do. As you mentioned, it’s time consuming and unless it’s decent pay, I can see why some celebs turn it down.

All issues that can be fixed but if not. I fear that the show’s days are numbered and it’s a shame as I really do like it.
Reply 6
I'm looking forward to I'm a Celeb - always makes me excited for Christmas as I know it's not far away when it finishes
If by big shows you mean strictly, I’m a celeb etc, I’ll be watching prime or Netflix.
Turned on tonight to find little mix have their own talent show now. Seriously
HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR...

I wrote in caps lock I got too excited smfh Haunting of Hill house was soooooo good
Bake off :excited:
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR...

I wrote in caps lock I got too excited smfh Haunting of Hill house was soooooo good

What’s that please? Is it gory?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sammylou40
What’s that please?

It's a Netflix series, really popular in 2018, Horror based and mystery.
Original post by DrawTheLine

Check out our other autumn threads here!

just bake off rlly. Matt lucas is just brilliant. And what is an autumnal 2020 without GBBO?
It's a Netflix series, really popular in 2018, Horror based and mystery.

Don’t mind scary but I’m no good with blood and guts.
how bad is it?
Original post by Sammylou40
Don’t mind scary but I’m no good with blood and guts.
how bad is it?

No gore at all

Just ghosts

Here if you're interested the first season was good
No gore at all

Just ghosts

Here if you're interested the first season was good

Sounds like one for me. Thank you x
The Mandalorian season 2 starts on October 30, best star wars content for a long time
Attack on Titan s4... if it does drop this year
Original post by Theloniouss
The Mandalorian season 2 starts on October 30, best star wars content for a long time

the mandalorian is the best. so sad i don't have disney plus anymore. or netflix.
tru. Anakin skywalker was hot but like that series was sooooo bad. Padme was hot but her character was kinda rubbish, i thought she was going to be badass but instead she was just low key badass which isnt black widow badass type. nm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending