The Student Room Group

How do you get anti depression drugs

^^^^
you speak to your GP and they prescribe them if they feel you need them
You make an appointment with your GP who will thoroughly assess your situation and decide what the best treatment options are for you. Whether that’s a psychology referral, self help groups, CBT, or medication.
Original post by black tea
you speak to your GP and they prescribe them if they feel you need them

what do i say tho , like " i need anti depression drugs"
Original post by Imperial Majesty

No, you tell them what’s happening that made you make the appointment. You tell them how you feel, how you’ve changed, how it’s affecting your life.
They will probably do a questionnaire with you to get a “score” to analyse how severe the problems are. Then they will talk to you about options.
Original post by GabiAbi84
No, you tell them what’s happening that made you make the appointment. You tell them how you feel, how you’ve changed, how it’s affecting your life.
They will probably do a questionnaire with you to get a “score” to analyse how severe the problems are. Then they will talk to you about options.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mood-self-assessment/

^^^ I did this
Original post by Imperial Majesty

It's really the doctor's place to decide whether you need medication or if you need some other form of help that you need. As @GabiAbi84 has said, just explain to them what made you think you might need antidepressants.
If you are going to say "talk to a psychiatrist", you should specify that you mean a private psychiatrist as you can't just see an NHS psychiatrist without being referred in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest