The Student Room Group

modelling...

hi everyone,
I am 15 turning 16 in October and I have big dreams on working in the modelling industry as a future career.
i aim to model on runways and be on vogue magazines and i am really determined to get there!
However, i just don’t know where to start.
does anyone have any advice on portfolios etc that i should do in advance before trying to join an agency and also advice in general on modelling.
mate haven't you got any more interesting aspirations than to be a walking clothes hanger?
If you join an agency they can arrange for some shoots, some will have to be paid for but they're well worth it.

I suggest applying to an agency, given your age, you will need to have permission from your parents/guardian.
Original post by Sofix
hi everyone,
I am 15 turning 16 in October and I have big dreams on working in the modelling industry as a future career.
i aim to model on runways and be on vogue magazines and i am really determined to get there!
However, i just don’t know where to start.
does anyone have any advice on portfolios etc that i should do in advance before trying to join an agency and also advice in general on modelling.

I was a model when I was 2-6 then I tried getting back into it at 8 and it was hard.
Before just jumping into modelling check the following:
u have the right weight and height - I got declined at age 11 cus I was shorter than I should have been...
u are sure u want to go into modelling and won't regret it - it can mess up ur mental health and make u not feel body positive - I gained weight and they declined me and now I'm not body positive...
u know what kind of modelling you want to go into - beauty, jewellery, fashion etc

Portfolios - if u get an audition for modelling and if they think u have what it takes then they will give u a portfolio and help you get up there. I would recommend 6models and then have your audition at macfashionstudio London - 6models was my old company and they were amazing and macfashionstudio is where most people start off.

ALSO, do you have the money? like, are ur parents alright in spending quite a lot of money on this? - portfolios can be expensive. mine was £700......
and have your parents given you permission to do this?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
If you join an agency they can arrange for some shoots, some will have to be paid for but they're well worth it.

I suggest applying to an agency, given your age, you will need to have permission from your parents/guardian.

A legit agency (e.g Storm) that believes she can find work will never ask her to pay for photo shoots. But there are plenty of good for nothing agencies out there leeching money from starry eyed young girls.
Original post by chopingirl
A legit agency (e.g Storm) that believes she can find work will never ask her to pay for photo shoots. But there are plenty of good for nothing agencies out there leeching money from starry eyed young girls.

A good agency will provide professional photographers to take 20 or so photos of you to add to your portfolio.

Quick Reply

Latest