The Student Room Group

urgent help... anxiety & crush...

okay this is going to take a long time to explain, but i'll try my best to summarise.
this boy (let's call him Jay) he's really sweet and caring. a few weeks ago, i wasnt well and he used to care about me so much !!!

so then i started crushing on him as he said some stuff that gave me butterflies. He started acting really weird on text and i texted him saying "brooooo what's gotten into you" we call each other bro as a joke.
he said "wdym" and then i explained.
i then told him i liked him and how different he was on text. i told him before that i didnt really want to go out with him but i just liked him
He was fine with that and thanked me because i told him.
i asked jay if he knew that i liked him before i told him and he said that is was SUPER SUPER obvious. Even my other guy friend said it was obvious, and my girl friend say it was so obvious because whenever he walked in to the canteen, i would always turn my head.

okay so i suffer from really bad anxiety and i over think toooooo much !!!
i really dont know what to do. i asked Jay of we were still friends and he said "ofc bro" but for some reason, i cant talk to him. i get scared. i cant even look at him. i'm shivering right now, typing this.

i really dont want a crush anymore, but i cant help it. EVERYONE says it's obvious that i like him. he is a really sweet boy and he understands everything (that i have anxiety and how nervous i am).

But i just cant talk to him, but i need to. i dont want him to think i'm ignoring him. i've seen him (from the corner of my eye) look at me multiple times, but i dont know what to do.

we are in the same business class, he sits opposite me, and i get so scared. i used to sit next to him and i was fine then (i felt comfortable around him) but now i just cant look him in the eye and i'm too nervous to talk to him.
i have no other friends in my business class, i only know him, but i dont know what to do. i keep panicking. i told my friends and they tried to help, but i just cant.
i'm literally terrified to go into business now and i have it this Monday and Tuesday. Please help me. Please. what do i do !!!!
Original post by Anonymous
okay this is going to take a long time to explain, but i'll try my best to summarise.
this boy (let's call him Jay) he's really sweet and caring. a few weeks ago, i wasnt well and he used to care about me so much !!!

so then i started crushing on him as he said some stuff that gave me butterflies. He started acting really weird on text and i texted him saying "brooooo what's gotten into you" we call each other bro as a joke.
he said "wdym" and then i explained.
i then told him i liked him and how different he was on text. i told him before that i didnt really want to go out with him but i just liked him
He was fine with that and thanked me because i told him.
i asked jay if he knew that i liked him before i told him and he said that is was SUPER SUPER obvious. Even my other guy friend said it was obvious, and my girl friend say it was so obvious because whenever he walked in to the canteen, i would always turn my head.

okay so i suffer from really bad anxiety and i over think toooooo much !!!
i really dont know what to do. i asked Jay of we were still friends and he said "ofc bro" but for some reason, i cant talk to him. i get scared. i cant even look at him. i'm shivering right now, typing this.

i really dont want a crush anymore, but i cant help it. EVERYONE says it's obvious that i like him. he is a really sweet boy and he understands everything (that i have anxiety and how nervous i am).

But i just cant talk to him, but i need to. i dont want him to think i'm ignoring him. i've seen him (from the corner of my eye) look at me multiple times, but i dont know what to do.

we are in the same business class, he sits opposite me, and i get so scared. i used to sit next to him and i was fine then (i felt comfortable around him) but now i just cant look him in the eye and i'm too nervous to talk to him.
i have no other friends in my business class, i only know him, but i dont know what to do. i keep panicking. i told my friends and they tried to help, but i just cant.
i'm literally terrified to go into business now and i have it this Monday and Tuesday. Please help me. Please. what do i do !!!!

You're feeling like this because you're nervous about how you're coming across to him now that your feelings are fully out in the open, it's a normal reaction. It will go away with time as your feelings fade, however you do risk ruining the friendship if you stop talking to him and don't really interact with him. Try hanging out with him within your friendship group and see if that helps you relax as you'll be around your friends.

Also, are you getting any sort of help for your anxiety? It's concerning me that you're saying you're "terrified" to be in the same class as him.
Lmaoo this is meee. I’ve been telling myself nothing is a big deal and it won’t matter in a months time. Just repeat it on your head
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're feeling like this because you're nervous about how you're coming across to him now that your feelings are fully out in the open, it's a normal reaction. It will go away with time as your feelings fade, however you do risk ruining the friendship if you stop talking to him and don't really interact with him. Try hanging out with him within your friendship group and see if that helps you relax as you'll be around your friends.

Also, are you getting any sort of help for your anxiety? It's concerning me that you're saying you're "terrified" to be in the same class as him.

i only had class with him yesterday, so no i havent got any help ://
i'm going to use kooth tonight, so i'll see if that helps me.

it's quite hard for me to hang out with him at break because i'm scared to go up to him as he has his own boy friends and they are quite intimidating
i only had class with him yesterday, so no i havent got any help ://
i'm going to use kooth tonight, so i'll see if that helps me.

it's quite hard for me to hang out with him at break because i'm scared to go up to him as he has his own boy friends and they are quite intimidating

I know how you feel. How old are you? Just hang about with your friends since that situation is quite anxiety inducing
Reply 5
I know how you feel. How old are you? Just hang about with your friends since that situation is quite anxiety inducing

I am 14. I really do want to talk to him and I can tell he wants to talk to me but I can't do anything. Even in business, he looks at me but idk what to do . I haven't talked to him in person in ages, we used to sit next to each other (1 week ago) and we used to talk A LOT, but then we got separated by the teacher, so I can't talk to him now :frown:
Reply 6
Isn't this about thread number 6 on this? With the guy who gave you BUTTERFLIES by rolling up his sleeve and you previously called Josh and Tim?

You complained he was a dry texter, left you on read and you didn't want a boyfriend anyway. Hence other posts have told you that he doesn't seem like he wants to be anything but friends, so why is this supposed crush still an issue? And at 14 you should be concentrating on your studies and making other friends. It's still very early in the term, start talking to other people in your classes and get to know them better rather than focusing just on whatever his name is.
I am 14. I really do want to talk to him and I can tell he wants to talk to me but I can't do anything. Even in business, he looks at me but idk what to do . I haven't talked to him in person in ages, we used to sit next to each other (1 week ago) and we used to talk A LOT, but then we got separated by the teacher, so I can't talk to him now :frown:

What’s the worse that could happen? Tell me and I’m sure they’re not even a big deal. I’ve got anxiety too and I’ve learnt the only wait to get over it is by understanding that nothing is that big of a deal unless it completely ****s up your life x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending