The Student Room Group

Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yay new blog!!!
:lurk: :wavey: :penguin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hello everyone! :h:

Nice to meet you all! This is my first time venturing into this corner of TSR :ninja: but I need a permanent home for my blog, so figured this would be a good place to hang out :colondollar:

For those of you who don't already know me, I'm Persephone the Therapy Penguin! :hi: I am the emotional support teddy of resident TSR golden oldie, TLG :shakecane: I appeared mysteriously on her doorstep in a brown paper package (sadly not tied up with string :no: ) on 31st May 2019 - so that's my birthday :h:

Although I'm a little shy, TLG started posting pics of me on her TSR mindfulness blog. They were a hit with people following that blog so, when the lockdown blog challenge was announced, I thought it was about time I had my own blog :biggrin: I ended up winning the lockdown blog challenge :king1: which I am very proud of :yep:

In this thread, I will chart the adventures of myself (PtTP) and my fellow animal pals: Calliope the Narwhal, Esio Trot, and Hildegard the Hippo :yep: We all live on TLG's desk (which is a big mess right now :emo: ) but we venture outside sometimes to accompany TLG on important trips :yep: I am learning how to become a British penguin and have been practicing British etiquette by learning how to queue at the supermarket, and how to talk about the weather :yep:

I hope you will enjoy my posts and that you will follow my adventures :gah: I don't do tag lists but I welcome all friends to accompany me and the other three animals as we go about our daily lives :h:

Persephone the Therapy Penguin!.jpg

Persephone and Pals.jpg

Such cute pics here, Persephone of you and your friends. You are so loved on TSR and one of our most popular (now award winning) members. You have come a long way since you arrived on TLG's doorstep!

Keep inspiring us all.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Watching :hugs:
I stalked your last blog but never posted, I think its finally time to pop in :colondollar:

Good to have you around, Foxy!
I tried that by copying and pasting one over from Word but it still didn't like it :getmecoat:

Gotta love good old Ignatius :biggrin: :jebus: :woo:

:hugs: PtTP

If you're on a PC try pressing alt and the keys 0241 on your number pad.
I'm sitting at home freezing because draughts keep coming up through the floorboards. #VictorianHouseProblems
Hello everyone :hi:

It's so great to see so many friends, old and new, posting on my blog. I didn't realise penguins were so popular with TSR users :awesome:

Please accept my apologies for the very delayed post today. As some of you know, TLG is Very Poorly atm and is spending a lot of time in a horizontal position :sadnod: We have to go phone one of TLG's friends soon but I hope to reply to everyone and update you on my Recent Adventures later tonight :excited:

PtTP :grouphugs:

I stalked your last blog but never posted, I think its finally time to pop in :colondollar:

Cannot rep. Stupid TSR :emo:

TLG :hugs:

It's so great to see so many friends, old and new, posting on my blog. I didn't realise penguins were so popular with TSR users :awesome:

Please accept my apologies for the very delayed post today. As some of you know, TLG is Very Poorly atm and is spending a lot of time in a horizontal position :sadnod: We have to go phone one of TLG's friends soon but I hope to reply to everyone and update you on my Recent Adventures later tonight :excited:

PtTP :grouphugs:

Hope you feel better soon! I can’t wait to read the update later!

TLG :hugs:

Are you watching ITV2? They have 'Mamma Mia, here we go again' on at the moment :smile:
Original post by londonmyst
Woof Woof, Persephone! :smile:
EMJF1.jpg

Oh hello Mr Bulldog :hi: :lovehug: :hi: Good to see you in here! Calliope, Esio Trot, Hildegard and I were quite worried about you and whether the D-word had taken hold your end :headfire: Glad to see that all is well and that your Pet Human is well-trained and keeping you fed and watered :yep: Can't have you wasting away :no:

PtTP

Mine too :five:

TLG

Original post by 5hyl33n
They created a space for penguins at a ski center in Dubai which is great! :yep:

Thanks! :hugs:

:gah:

Do you ski then? TLG says she hasn't got the balance for such things. Plus she's got a phobia of snow, which possibly doesn't help :ninja:

PtTP

Original post by Muttley79
How exciting Persephone - thanks for the lovely photo of you all :grouphugs:

:h:

Original post by CoolCavy
What a well travelled hippo :biggrin: i have a small pottery guinea pig my friend got me all the way from china :eek:
They arent official tsr merch (they should be :shifty: ) but someone won one from puddles ages ago in the guess what you are looking at thing. It was a small red pottery hippo iirc :colondollar:

Oooh that sounds like a very cute prize indeed! I heartily approve of this! :yep:

HtH (Hildegard the Hippo)

:hi: Welcome! It's great to see you in here! :h: No pressure to post or follow at all though :hugs:

PtTP
Original post by laurawatt
:gah: :gah: :gah:

:ahee:
Original post by nmah
Yay new blog!!!

:yeah:
Original post by furryface12
:lurk: :wavey: :penguin:

:jumphug:
Original post by Oxford Mum
Such cute pics here, Persephone of you and your friends. You are so loved on TSR and one of our most popular (now award winning) members. You have come a long way since you arrived on TLG's doorstep!

Keep inspiring us all.

:colondollar: You're too kind, Ox Mum! :lovehug:

PtTP
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
If you're on a PC try pressing alt and the keys 0241 on your number pad.
I'm sitting at home freezing because draughts keep coming up through the floorboards. #VictorianHouseProblems

Hmmm, that didn't work. Is that for Macs only? :sad:

Do you have a warm/wearable blanket? I got one last year for my birthday :awesome: It's good for days like these :yep:

TLG
Original post by 5hyl33n
Hope you feel better soon! I can’t wait to read the update later!

Thank you :biggrin:

PtTP
Original post by Muttley79
Are you watching ITV2? They have 'Mamma Mia, here we go again' on at the moment :smile:

Shhhhhhhh, don't give TLG ideas :colonhash:

PtTP :tongue:

Thank you :h:

PtTP
So, to wind back a bit: last week it was TLG's mum's (henceforth referred to as Mummy TLG's) birthday :awesome: Mummy TLG has been a bit down recently, so we decided to make a big fuss of her by having a two-day birthday extravaganza :eek: :awesome: :banana:

Sadly, Mummy TLG does not like/approve of me :cry2: so though TLG snuck me in her bag, I have no selfies at the hotel we stayed at or anywhere else. For Mummy TLG's birthday dinner on Thurs 17th, we went to a restaurant called Burger & Lobster. Weirdly enough, they serve burgers and/or lobster dishes (who'd have thought?! :dontknow: ). I did not accompany them :sad: but I was Very Jealous to see TLG's lobster burger, which I will post a picture of in a separate post :yep:

Then on the Friday, myself, TLG and Mummy TLG went to Fortnum & Mason for afternoon tea! :eek: Apparently it is Very Important for me to know about Fortnum & Mason, as a young aspiring-to-be-British penguin :yep: It was all very dainty and extravagant, so I was not allowed on the table, but I had a good view from poking out of TLG's bag :yep: Will add some photos below :yep:

Then today, we accompanied TLG out on a mission to visit her favourite teashop in London, near Kew Gardens :gah: We had not been there since lockdown started, so that's a long time! We just wanted to takeaway their specialty patisserie item - but they had completely run out! :headfire: TLG said it was like the time that KFC ran out of chicken. (I've no idea what KFC is - do they usually sell chicken? :dontknow: ). She was Very Disappointed, so I had to console her :sadnod:

PtTP
TLG's Burger and Lobster meal:

IMG-20200917-WA0015-compressed.jpeg
Afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason:

IMG-20200918-WA0014-compressed.jpeg

20200918_133458-compressed.jpg.jpeg

20200918_140421-compressed.jpg.jpeg
TLG's fave teashop:

20200926_160552-compressed.jpg.jpeg

:awesome:
Looks wonderful!
Wow Persephone - what a busy time you've had :smile:

I'm not a fan of lobster but that meal does look good .. dd you get any to try?

That afternoon tea at F & Ms looks amazing :smile:

The tea shop also looks very British with those Union Jacks [these are those triangular flags]... KFC is a fast food shop and the 'C' in the initials stands for chicken ...

I hope the others are not too jealous :grouphugs:
Do you ski then? TLG says she hasn't got the balance for such things. Plus she's got a phobia of snow, which possibly doesn't help :ninja:

PtTP

I've only skied once but it didn't go well. :tongue:

:hugs:
Reply 38
Sounds like a lot of fun stuff! You are learning so much about being a British Penguin, Persephone (and I am learning a lot too!) I recently found out about places you can go for afternoon tea and I wish we had it here! The food looks amazing, especially that lobster:shock:
Oh hello Mr Bulldog :hi: :lovehug: :hi: Good to see you in here! Calliope, Esio Trot, Hildegard and I were quite worried about you and whether the D-word had taken hold your end :headfire: Glad to see that all is well and that your Pet Human is well-trained and keeping you fed and watered :yep: Can't have you wasting away :no:

PtTP

I've been having lots of fun baby sitting the pet human's youngest friends, food tasting for them and grabbing tasty treats out of their lunchboxes. :u:
Lots of chocolate, cheestrings, crisps, sandwiches and sugar filled delights. :tong:
DMB.jpg
I sometimes grab small snacks from the toddler's hands & tray but the family german shepherd doggie doesn't like me getting too close and tries to scare me away with his teeth.
I'm not scared, I know his bark is worse than bite; he likes to chew carrots and eat avocado toast for hobbies. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending