The Student Room Group

LNAT advice

Hi there
I have the LNAT a week on Monday any advice ?? Especially for the multiple choice
Many thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I took mine a few weeks ago, its actually alright once you're in the exam. I used arbitio to revise (really recommend that) so I was used to the questions. do as many practice papers as you can, but on the day not as much as you need to save brainpower. For the essay, make sure you have a really good plan.
Original post by Omgcobbly
I took mine a few weeks ago, its actually alright once you're in the exam. I used arbitio to revise (really recommend that) so I was used to the questions. do as many practice papers as you can, but on the day not as much as you need to save brainpower. For the essay, make sure you have a really good plan.

Thanks so much !! How were the questions ? Were they particularly hard
If you are registering for arbitio it would be great if you could use my referral code: you get 10% off and I get free test retakes. I don’t know if you will be willing to pay for the full thing since there’s not a lot of time, but if you did one a day I would say it is still worthwhile. The tests are designed to be harder so it is good prep imo. Incidentally, my test is a week on Monday as well...Good luck!!!

discount code is 10LUKE7
Reply 4
Original post by Vladimir Poutine
If you are registering for arbitio it would be great if you could use my referral code: you get 10% off and I get free test retakes. I don’t know if you will be willing to pay for the full thing since there’s not a lot of time, but if you did one a day I would say it is still worthwhile. The tests are designed to be harder so it is good prep imo. Incidentally, my test is a week on Monday as well...Good luck!!!

discount code is 10LUKE7

How much are you averaging on the Arbitio vs the official practice tests? I'm getting 28 on the latter and only 20/21 on Arbitio. Not sure if such a huge difference is normal
Reply 5
Hey, I have mine on Thursday but panicking I don't know enough for the essays - what topics do you think will come up?
Original post by na_nhyde
Hey, I have mine on Thursday but panicking I don't know enough for the essays - what topics do you think will come up?

Keep up to date with major topics such as global warming,economic issues and major areas of debate hope that helped
Original post by Lizsheahannn
Thanks so much !! How were the questions ? Were they particularly hard

they were slightly easier than the arbiter ones I practiced on, and about the same as the ones on the LNAT website :smile:
Original post by ayesla
How much are you averaging on the Arbitio vs the official practice tests? I'm getting 28 on the latter and only 20/21 on Arbitio. Not sure if such a huge difference is normal

My Arbitio avg is 22, but it was pushed down from 24/5 by the last test that only has 18 questions (the score is counted as if out of 42). I did an official one today and got 25, the other time I did it I got 28
My Arbitio avg is 22, but it was pushed down from 24/5 by the last test that only has 18 questions (the score is counted as if out of 42). I did an official one today and got 25, the other time I did it I got 28

Wow that’s so good any tips on reading the actual source as I find it sometimes confusing ? And how do you really get a good idea of what the writer is saying do your write notes ?
Wow that’s so good any tips on reading the actual source as I find it sometimes confusing ? And how do you really get a good idea of what the writer is saying do your write notes ?

Some of the arbitio ones are really hard to understand, but if you can understand the questions I think that’s more important. I don’t take notes, personally, just read closely (but fairly briskly) and go back in closer detail after the questions
I know to be prepared for everything etc etc, but has anyone tried anticipating the esay question? Do you think Covid could come up somehow? Or other common topics to beef up knowledge on?
I know to be prepared for everything etc etc, but has anyone tried anticipating the esay question? Do you think Covid could come up somehow? Or other common topics to beef up knowledge on?

I was thinking the exact same thing, I'm not sure if they will used current circumstances. Does anyone know?
Original post by na_nhyde
I was thinking the exact same thing, I'm not sure if they will used current circumstances. Does anyone know?

I would think so as on the website it says try to keep up with current affairs
Hi there
I have the LNAT a week on Monday any advice ?? Especially for the multiple choice
Many thanks :smile:

hi :smile: i just started with arbitio 2 weeks before my test and I got my LNAT next Tuesday. Im averaging around early 20's- how was the actual test compared to the ones on arbitio?
Reply 15
Does anyone who sat the exam remember the essay questions?? It would be nice if you shared them as i think they are the same for all papers :smile:
Reply 16
Does anyone actually know the essay questions? I know they are the same for everyone.
I just did my LNAT today and I really don’t know how it went! I found most of the multiple choice ok but there was a few where I narrowed it down to two answers and guessed. I prepared using Arbitio and felt really prepared but people got kicked out of my test room for not wearing a mask which was super distracting!
Original post by madpaddington
I just did my LNAT today and I really don’t know how it went! I found most of the multiple choice ok but there was a few where I narrowed it down to two answers and guessed. I prepared using Arbitio and felt really prepared but people got kicked out of my test room for not wearing a mask which was super distracting!

oh wow, I'm sure it went well! congrats on getting over with it lol
I'm really apprehensive about going out to give the test because of COVID because in my country cases are rising daily.
Original post by nyx2911
hi :smile: i just started with arbitio 2 weeks before my test and I got my LNAT next Tuesday. Im averaging around early 20's- how was the actual test compared to the ones on arbitio?

I used arborio and honestly it was not nearly as hard as the actual LNAT questions . But I think it depends on what questions you end up getting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending