The Student Room Group

DofE on UCAS

Hey! I've done my residential, sport and skill for Gold DofE but I had to stop my volunteering and couldn't do my expedition because of lockdown. My teacher has said I can still put this on my UCAS and just mark it as pending and they will add the evidence for the sections I've finished - does anyone know if this is this true? If so what should I put for the date I expect the qualification to be awarded (I don't think I'll be able to restart the volunteering until the end of the school year)?
Original post by sophiakc
Hey! I've done my residential, sport and skill for Gold DofE but I had to stop my volunteering and couldn't do my expedition because of lockdown. My teacher has said I can still put this on my UCAS and just mark it as pending and they will add the evidence for the sections I've finished - does anyone know if this is this true? If so what should I put for the date I expect the qualification to be awarded (I don't think I'll be able to restart the volunteering until the end of the school year)?

You can do this, but it's unlikely to add much value to a UCAS application. Put the pending date as August 2021 (If you can't complete by then, it's not relevant for uni entry anyway).

Is anything you've done for DofE directly relevant to your course?

I dont know if this can help you but im in exactly the same situation. My teacher has said we should write it as pending anway, just so uni's know you are trying to do it even if you dont manage to complete the expedition in the end.

DofE isn’t a formal qualification. You can’t list it as a qualification in your education section.
The only place to mention it (if you must) is in your PS or reference.
Original post by PQ
DofE isn’t a formal qualification. You can’t list it as a qualification in your education section.
The only place to mention it (if you must) is in your PS or reference.

nah you can. I've just applied and was able to write in my bronze, sliver and gold. Its the same with music and dance qualifications, they all go into the same section on UCAS.
Original post by lollliiiii
nah you can. I've just applied and was able to write in my bronze, sliver and gold. Its the same with music and dance qualifications, they all go into the same section on UCAS.

I see they've added it - but unlike music qualifications that are not only recognised by JCQ and earn tariff DofE is not a formal qualification and completing it isn't something that any university is going to take into account when deciding whether to make an offer ( if (and that's a big IF) some of your chosen activities are relevant to your chosen degree and you explain the details of what was involved in your PS then that might have some influence for a very small number of courses and universities but that would apply whether you'd done the activities independently, as part of a failed attempt at DofE or as part of an awarded DofE)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending