The Student Room Group

My EX WANTS ME BACK! WHAT DO I DO?

So I was in a relationship with my ex for nearly 15 months. But during the lockdown, we began to argue a lot more and added on top of that we were both planning to go to uni this year and It would've been a long-distance relationship.
Long story short we broke up around the beginning of August down to the long-distance. He's never been a fan of long-distance however I've always felt that if you wanted to make it work you would. So as you can tell it wasn't my decision to call it quits. We broke up on the terms of staying friends and once were settled into uni we could give it another shot if the feelings were mutual and this is kinda what is happening but i don't know if its the right thing.

Ofc it hurt and me being me I'd stalk his insta to see who he's recently been following and gradually he began to follow more girls and liking their older pics on insta clearly trying to get noticed. During our relationship i have never stopped him from following whoever he wanted, liking what he wanted and even going on nights out with his boys. We were both very chill and knew our boundaries. His Instagram antics didn't really bother me as much as i kinda expected it but it wasn't until a few weeks later i heard that he had messaged certain girls some closer to home for us and others i didn't know of which really p*ssed me off.

Even days before we broke up when everything was normal he was telling me I'm the only one and blah blah blah but now he was doing up a madness not even 1 month after a 15month relationship? I felt so betrayed and hurt as i'd ask myself what did i do to deserve this? For me it seemed that he just used me as a safety blanket and now we'd be going away from each other he wanted some fresh pu*** in the meantime. I never confronted him about it as i didn't wanna be the 'crazy EX' and in a way it made me get over him much quickly.

Even with all this we'd still snap each other. Not necessarily with words just pictures of ourself but as time went on i really cut it done from however many times in a day to just once. I moved to uni at the start of September and he leaves for his uni TOMORROW and over the past week or so he's been expressing how much he misses me and wants me back and has openly admitted to things he was doing and the reasons why which were he thought that's what he needed to do in order to get over me but it didn't work and just made him realise he doesn't want anybody else. And now he's willing to put his hatred of long-distance relationship aside as he realises how much he wants me to be his. However, i don't really know what to do or say. Ofc I still have SOME love for the guy ahaha but I just cant help but feel like he used me and then made an absolute mug out of me. Either way i wouldn't get back with him till about November time as he's still yet to go to uni but what would you do? would you take him back?

We've spoken for many hours on ft since and kinda cleared the air on both sides and he's actually coming to see me in two weeks but i feel like the guy needs some help and to work on himself like I have done instead of seeking comfort in me. But then again i do really want him back cos i do miss him. Sorry its so long but any help?
No no no.

You just wrote a page as long as a potential sequel to Of Mice and Men, you're clearly not suitable for each other if he messes with your head like this.

Relationships are not obligatory. Don't get into them if the person you're with isn't the right kind of tosser.
"i heard that he had messaged certain girls some closer to home for us and others i didn't know of which really p*ssed me off. " Why?

" but now he was doing up a madness not even 1 month after a 15month relationship? I felt so betrayed and hurt as i'd ask myself what did i do to deserve this? " hes allowed to date other people... he didnt betray anyone.

"I never confronted him about it as i didn't wanna be the 'crazy EX'" you are the crazy ex if you think him seeing other people is betraying you after you broke up.

"Ofc I still have SOME love for the guy ahaha but I just cant help but feel like he used me and then made an absolute mug out of me." he didnt and i suggest you show him this post to realize how ****ing insane you are and help him to stay as far as way as he possibly can from you.
Reply 3
Original post by bigbuffguy69
"i heard that he had messaged certain girls some closer to home for us and others i didn't know of which really p*ssed me off. " Why?

" but now he was doing up a madness not even 1 month after a 15month relationship? I felt so betrayed and hurt as i'd ask myself what did i do to deserve this? " hes allowed to date other people... he didnt betray anyone.

"I never confronted him about it as i didn't wanna be the 'crazy EX'" you are the crazy ex if you think him seeing other people is betraying you after you broke up.

"Ofc I still have SOME love for the guy ahaha but I just cant help but feel like he used me and then made an absolute mug out of me." he didnt and i suggest you show him this post to realize how ****ing insane you are and help him to stay as far as way as he possibly can from you.

Thank you so constructive!
Original post by tellbell
Thank you so constructive!

oh no are you mad? gonna stalk my feed? sometimes an insult is the best reality check. asking other people on how to live your life, what happened to being you?
Reply 5
oh no are you mad? gonna stalk my feed? sometimes an insult is the best reality check. asking other people on how to live your life, what happened to being you?

I appreciate you so so so much! exactly what I needed. xxx
careful it takes him three months to *** and he missed his mother's funeral
Original post by tashkent46
careful it takes him three months to *** and he missed his mother's funeral

she be stalking her bf's sperm feed
Reply 8
she be stalking her bf's sperm feed

ex boyfriend***** xxx
yeah as soon as he's at uni, he will change his mind on you once he see's all the other options. also opens the possibility to cheating. leave it be and enjoy your uniyears without the hassle of being tied down
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
yeah as soon as he's at uni, he will change his mind on you once he see's all the other options. also opens the possibility to cheating. leave it be and enjoy your uniyears without the hassle of being tied down

my thoughts exactly! thank you
Reply 11
The fact that you were stalking his insta and getting mad clearly shows the relationship was not a healthy one.
Move on.
Reply 12
Original post by LovelyMrFox
The fact that you were stalking his insta and getting mad clearly shows the relationship was not a healthy one.
Move on.

think you missed the part where I said his Instagram antics didn't bother me as they were expected but thank you anyway! Appreciate it
To be honest, you're both so young. There are plenty of other people out there, but also I think at this age we need to figure that out for ourselves. Sounds a bit more like you are looking for reassurance to give this another shot. You know your own heart and if you want to then do it, but really give it some thought. Speak to your parents, your friends, be honest. Trust your own instincts and forgive yourself if it all goes wrong
Hes your ex, enough said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending