The Student Room Group

Free reading books 🤣

Does anyone know how to get book for free like novels and stuff online??

I know I should buy them but I don't have money. I am 14 and my mum doesn't like buying books worth £6 every other day because I finish them too quick.
And no I don't want to go to a library because I like keeping a collection of every book I have read. If not for free does anyone know any websites where you could get them for a little cheaper.

I feel bad asking my mum for reading book every day. And my dad has already spent over 100 pound on my revision guides and textbooks for GCSE's so I will not bother asking him.

I know a website where you can read any or every book for free but It is on PDF and I really want physical books. Throughout the Lockdown I read off there but now I want them books on a shelf and I don't want to ask but idk

Can someone help?? pleaseee lmfaoo xxx

Thank uu xo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deadroseex
Does anyone know how to get book for free like novels and stuff online??

I know I should buy them but I don't have money. I am 14 and my mum doesn't like buying books worth £6 every other day because I finish them too quick.
And no I don't want to go to a library because I like keeping a collection of every book I have read. If not for free does anyone know any websites where you could get them for a little cheaper.

I feel bad asking my mum for reading book every day. And my dad has already spent over 100 pound on my revision guides and textbooks for GCSE's so I will not bother asking him.

I know a website where you can read any or every book for free but It is on PDF and I really want physical books. Throughout the Lockdown I read off there but now I want them books on a shelf and I don't want to ask but idk

Can someone help?? pleaseee lmfaoo xxx

Thank uu xo

if you have a close libraby and card you could go there. or try hoopla, it has lots of good free books
Reply 2
Hahaha thank you so much 🤣💙xx
I will defo have a look next time I go out!
Reply 3
Original post by chloeebrown09
if you have a close libraby and card you could go there. or try hoopla, it has lots of good free books

Thank you so much! I will have a look.💙
world of books sells books cheaper (they're usually used), also try charity shops
otherwise I use z-lib.org that has tons of free pdf books ( you could print them yourself perhaps???) although ik you said that you already use something like this
Reply 5
I know how you feel to want a physical book you can keep to add to your collection, as a keen reader myself I can very much relate to what you are saying. I have never found anywhere apart from libraries where you can get books for free because if I did I would have been there by now but I have found the website https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb which sell both used and new books for a bit cheaper than usual.

Also, which website have you used to get your free PDF books? I am not a fan of reading from a device but it may be worth a look. Also, you might like to look at my blog all about books which contains a continuously growing collection of book reviews. https://cembookportal.blogspot.com/
Original post by deadroseex
Thank you so much! I will have a look.💙

Our local TESCO has second hand books for a small donation to charity :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kotrii10
world of books sells books cheaper (they're usually used), also try charity shops
otherwise I use z-lib.org that has tons of free pdf books ( you could print them yourself perhaps???) although ik you said that you already use something like this

Yeah I used something like the pdf thing.
Yes, World of Books. I have used that many times and the books come out fairly fine. I will defo have a look at a charity shop when I next go out.
Thank you so much 💙x
Reply 8
Original post by Medcalf
I know how you feel to want a physical book you can keep to add to your collection, as a keen reader myself I can very much relate to what you are saying. I have never found anywhere apart from libraries where you can get books for free because if I did I would have been there by now but I have found the website https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb which sell both used and new books for a bit cheaper than usual.

Also, which website have you used to get your free PDF books? I am not a fan of reading from a device but it may be worth a look. Also, you might like to look at my blog all about books which contains a continuously growing collection of book reviews. https://cembookportal.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much, World of Books is amazing some times, other times I hate it because the books come with food stains.
And the website I used for the PDF books was https://b-ok.org/ I however, do not like reading off any device either.
Thank you for the blog, I will defo have a look & thank you for replying 💙
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Our local TESCO has second hand books for a small donation to charity :smile:

My TESCO doesn't do this! I would pay for charity 100% and get books. The books in ASDA & TESCO are always overpriced so that's why I never bother.
Project Gutenberg is fab for books in the free domain, youtube, audible internet archive are also pretty good for public domain books :smile:
Original post by Chronoscope
Project Gutenberg is fab for books in the free domain, youtube, audible internet archive are also pretty good for public domain books :smile:

Thank you so much!! I will have a look 💙
z library, life saver :teehee:
Uhhhh igy abt the wanting a physical copy thing
But Ive gotten so used to reading online/on my laptop that I don't mind it...
So maybe tryyyy reading online cuz books are ExPEnsive😭 if Ur like me and reads a book in 3 days😭
Original post by vix.xvi
Uhhhh igy abt the wanting a physical copy thing
But Ive gotten so used to reading online/on my laptop that I don't mind it...
So maybe tryyyy reading online cuz books are ExPEnsive😭 if Ur like me and reads a book in 3 days😭

I read on my laptop too. I download it on my PDF and stuff but the thing is, I finish in 1 day sometimes 2. I can't take my laptop to school either so it is a problem when the teacher says read your books. I sit there with one of my old books doing absolutely nothing.
My mum says she has no problem in spending money on books, and it is better than stupid things but every 2 days I am asking..so lmfaooo 🤣
Thank you tho 💙
Original post by nightingalegend
z library, life saver :teehee:

Agreed! 💙
libraries have an app if you have a card and don't mind e books
Original post by josie71202
libraries have an app if you have a card and don't mind e books

I will defo have a look 💙
Get some classics like War and Peace, Dumas or some Dickens as they generally fit more words onto a page.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Rufus the red
Get some classics like War and Peace, Dumas or some Dickens as they generally fit more words onto a page.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will definitely have a look & awwww 🥺 howw cutee omg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending