The Student Room Group

Driving examiner lied at the end of the test

So this is just to vent really, because I'm livid about what happened, but also don't really know how to react.

I did my B+E on Friday. I had an old short man with a thick moustache and a flat cap, I had a feeling he would be 'of a certain type' and be critical of a woman, but I tried to shake it off. After what happened, I just don't know how to react.

Coming out of the test centre a man reversed out into the road (a dead end road which only leads to the test centre) in front of me. I just stopped and waited, the examiner leaned over and shouted 'sound the horn' - he was going to do it for me. This man was so far away from reversing into me, I was really shocked.

Pulling out at a blind junction, I went in front of a van who was a long way off who then pulled out and turned right at the next junction (just after mine). I heard the examiner say "Oh it is clear" as I pulled out.

I was so shocked to be directed straight back to the test centre where he told my instructor that he had to shout "Watch out there's a van" and I forced the van out of his lane and that he had to act on my behalf as it was such a dangerous manoeuvre. He even put on my test report that he acted on my behalf.

I was really nervous and I know that sometimes our brains do weird things to us, but there is no way I mistook him saying "oh it is clear" for "Watch out there's a van".

I know there's nothing I can do, but I don't even know how to react to it, I paid all that money for some old man to lie about what happened.

As I said, just a vent.
He sounds a bit of a plonker.
Most examines are stuck up ***** to be honest,my sister had a similar situation where she stalled and apparently said "**** sake" when she didn't and she actually said "great" some how he got them mixed up? clearly didn't like her and spoke to her like utter **** even before she set off driving because clearly they are worked beyond relief and stressed but they shouldn't take it out on us, was actually funny because the instructors car had a dash cam that records audio inside the car and afterwards my instructor watched it back with my parents and could see the examiner was lying and spoke like **** to her and without the dash cam who would believe her? even my parents were a little 50 -50 because you wouldn't believe they would do it but once we all watched the dash cam she wasn't lying and he was and apparently there is some ******** about not being able to record them but who cares..all examiners should be recorded during tests in my opinion.

Long story short when she took her test again and got a nice women she passed with 1 minor...i generally believe it all comes down to your examiner especially when you're stressed enough as it is and i don't think there is anything you can do to be honest as they don't even record their examiners and who they going to believe when you say oh my examiner said this or lied about this? you or them? just take it on the chin and hope for someone else next time or move centre.
Original post by SuperCat007
So this is just to vent really, because I'm livid about what happened, but also don't really know how to react.

I did my B+E on Friday. I had an old short man with a thick moustache and a flat cap, I had a feeling he would be 'of a certain type' and be critical of a woman, but I tried to shake it off. After what happened, I just don't know how to react.

Coming out of the test centre a man reversed out into the road (a dead end road which only leads to the test centre) in front of me. I just stopped and waited, the examiner leaned over and shouted 'sound the horn' - he was going to do it for me. This man was so far away from reversing into me, I was really shocked.

Pulling out at a blind junction, I went in front of a van who was a long way off who then pulled out and turned right at the next junction (just after mine). I heard the examiner say "Oh it is clear" as I pulled out.

I was so shocked to be directed straight back to the test centre where he told my instructor that he had to shout "Watch out there's a van" and I forced the van out of his lane and that he had to act on my behalf as it was such a dangerous manoeuvre. He even put on my test report that he acted on my behalf.

I was really nervous and I know that sometimes our brains do weird things to us, but there is no way I mistook him saying "oh it is clear" for "Watch out there's a van".

I know there's nothing I can do, but I don't even know how to react to it, I paid all that money for some old man to lie about what happened.

As I said, just a vent.

Can't you appeal it?
Next time you take your test have your instructor in the car with you. That way your examiner can’t lie about anything because there’s a witness.
It's well known driving test examiners are biased and some more than others. This one was clearly setting you up to fail. They discriminate against women people of different ethnicity and those with disabilities. I have been in a car with some folk who had no trouble passing but whose driving was dangerous. When I passed got my certificate but asked the guy a question he looked at me as if I had tricked him. They have a long way to go or some need to go.
Original post by Jonathan Steen
It's well known driving test examiners are biased and some more than others. This one was clearly setting you up to fail. They discriminate against women people of different ethnicity and those with disabilities. I have been in a car with some folk who had no trouble passing but whose driving was dangerous. When I passed got my certificate but asked the guy a question he looked at me as if I had tricked him. They have a long way to go or some need to go.

Completely agree with you. I had an examiner today who was awful, he called me a stupid little woman for a simple wrong turn (a safe and legal turn) and claimed he would fail me when obviously instructor's say don't worry about it, as long as its safe its not an issue. I couldn't believe the way he spoke to me and it mainly seemed to be because I am a woman as every insult was directed at my sex. Safe to say, I had a panic attack to which he still made me drive until I told him I couldn't cope with him anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending