The Student Room Group

Help (maths)

I know how to do simultaneous equations (easy and medium) but can someone help me on these types of ones

Attachment not found
To solve them, you need to find a common factor (eg 10 for 2 and 5,) and multiply each equation so it has 10x in it. Then subtract one equation from the other and you will be left to work out one variable!
Original post by jae jae
I know how to do simultaneous equations (easy and medium) but can someone help me on these types of ones
Write out the question and answer then take a picture and put it on here
Attachment not found

No we can't do questions for you. How far have you got.
Reply 3
Original post by livlifestudying
To solve them, you need to find a common factor (eg 10 for 2 and 5,) and multiply each equation so it has 10x in it. Then subtract one equation from the other and you will be left to work out one variable!

That makes soo much sense! But my teacher said that the number you times each equation by has to be the same
Thanks for your help though:biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
No we can't do questions for you. How far have you got.

Um. I’ve actually tried doing the questions just because I haven’t added an attachment of my working out it doesn’t mean I haven’t done these questions.for your information I have a test tomorrow and I have to get revision done so I can pass this test as I’ve already mentioned, I’m finding simultaneous equations easy but these 3 questions are quite hard.. and I find it quite weird that solving at least one question for me is too much to ask for.... anyways.. for these 3 questions, Whilst trying to make x/y the same I remembered that my teacher told me that the number you multiply for each equation should be the same and that’s when I gave up because I knew I would get the wrong answer
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jae jae
Um. I’ve actually tried doing the questions just because I haven’t added an attachment of my working out it doesn’t mean I haven’t done these questions.for your information I have a test tomorrow and I have to get revision done so I can pass this test as I’ve already mentioned, I’m finding simultaneous equations easy but these 3 questions are quite hard.. and I find it quite weird that solving at least one question for me is too much to ask for.... anyways.. for these 3 questions, Whilst trying to make x/y the same I remembered that my teacher told me that the number you multiply for each equation should be the same and that’s when I gave up because I knew I would get the wrong answer

Both sides of each single equation need to be multiplied by the same, you don’t need to multiply both equations by the same.

Quick Reply

Latest