The Student Room Group

How can I get the £500 self isolation payment?

I have been on the dole for almost 3 years, I get around £700 a month and basically free council tax. My rent is only £300 a month so I have around £300 spare money left over each month but I would also like the £500 self isolation payment to help me.

It says the £500 payment is for people on low incomes so does anyone know the best way to get a self isolation notification so I can get the payment? Could I get it from being on a bus with someone that has a positive nearby or can anyone give a good example of where to get the status so I can earn the £500?

Scroll to see replies

I might be wrong. I think there’s another eligibility. If you work or have ever worked.
Circumstance may depend if you’ve lost your job due to Covid then you should definitely we own this
Reply 2
Original post by alex282
I have been on the dole for almost 3 years, I get around £700 a month and basically free council tax. My rent is only £300 a month so I have around £300 spare money left over each month but I would also like the £500 self isolation payment to help me.

It says the £500 payment is for people on low incomes so does anyone know the best way to get a self isolation notification so I can get the payment? Could I get it from being on a bus with someone that has a positive nearby or can anyone give a good example of where to get the status so I can earn the £500?

You're not entitled to the self-isolation payment; it's for people who are employed:

You will be eligible if you live in England and meet all the following criteria -

you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
you are employed or self-employed
you cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
you are claiming at least one of the following benefits: universal credit, working tax credit, income-related employment and support allowance, income-based jobseeker’s allowance, income support, pension credit or housing benefit.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2020/september/new-%C2%A3500-test-and-trace-support-payment-people-claiming-qualifying-benefits-who
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
You're not entitled to the self-isolation payment; it's for people who are employed:

You will be eligible if you live in England and meet all the following criteria -

you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
you are employed or self-employed
you cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
you are claiming at least one of the following benefits: universal credit, working tax credit, income-related employment and support allowance, income-based jobseeker’s allowance, income support, pension credit or housing benefit.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2020/september/new-%C2%A3500-test-and-trace-support-payment-people-claiming-qualifying-benefits-who

So I am entitled as I am claiming universal credit
Original post by alex282

But you havent been forced to give up your work and onto benefits because of covid.
Original post by alex282

But you don’t meet the rest of the criteria
Reply 6
Original post by alex282

You aren't entitled because you can't read the part about meeting all the criteria.
Why would someone working get any of those.

Reply 8
Original post by alex282

The state is already propping you up financially, so why don't you put your energies into studying instead of working how to fiddle, er, squeeze an extra £500 out of the system.
Reply 9
Damn some people are lucky getting all these furlough and self isolation payments for nothing
Original post by alex282
Damn some people are lucky getting all these furlough and self isolation payments for nothing

Well....isn’t That ironic!!
Original post by alex282

For Nothing?

They work for a start.
Furlough is only 80% of your WAGES.
if you’re on universal credit then you’ll be required to look for a job
Why don’t you try it instead of trying to find a way to scrounge more money
Original post by Alstoo
The state is already propping you up financially, so why don't you put your energies into studying instead of working how to fiddle, er, squeeze an extra £500 out of the system.

I do agree with your thouroughly. I don’t know this girl’s circumstances also There a lot of people who abuse the system but I hope she’s not doing that x
Get a job and you can earn £500 yourself rather than being handed money from working people’s salaries.
Reply 14
Original post by Mustafa0605
Get a job and you can earn £500 yourself rather than being handed money from working people’s salaries.

I havent applied for any jobs for 7 months and dont want to because of dangerous deadly coronavirus so Im doing my part not spreading it
Reply 15
Original post by Alstoo

I already have a masters degree in engineering but I got an unfair criminal record for offensive text messages so left my job 3 years ago and cant be bothered to work as I would have to pay my student loan back and theres deadly dangerous coronavirus so i dont even need to apply for jobs just now
Original post by alex282
I havent applied for any jobs for 7 months and dont want to because of dangerous deadly coronavirus so Im doing my part not spreading it

Coronavirus is not deadly unless you’re over 60 or have a serious health condition.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
😂😂
Original post by alex282
I already have a masters degree in engineering but I got an unfair criminal record for offensive text messages so left my job 3 years ago and cant be bothered to work as I would have to pay my student loan back and theres deadly dangerous coronavirus so i dont even need to apply for jobs just now

Sounds like you made your bed, now you’re getting paid to not even get out of it. Thems the breaks.
Original post by TheStupidMoon
Why would someone working get any of those.

Because they could be working part time for a low salary.

Latest

Trending

Trending