The Student Room Group

Bad Predicted Grades/Gap Year/Cambridge

Hi I am currently in year 13 and at the start of year 12 I had pretty bad grades but by the end of the year I was getting As in all my subjects, then lockdown happened and I struggled with the amount of work that was being set. So basically I was planning on applying to Cambridge for linguistics and my Spanish teacher has predicted me a D, I haven't been given my other grades yet but I spoke to him and he refuses to change it (he hates me). I know I have the capability to get an A but I don't know if I should just give up applying this year and apply next year? Or if I should just apply now anyway and hope for adjustment/ get rejected and apply again next year? Also I don't know if my sixth form would help me with my ucas application after I left?? Sorry, this is a bit of a rant but my head is all over the place with this, I wasn't expecting a D and I don't want to sound egotistical but I think I am capable of an A. Any help/advice would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Caz1234567
Hi I am currently in year 13 and at the start of year 12 I had pretty bad grades but by the end of the year I was getting As in all my subjects, then lockdown happened and I struggled with the amount of work that was being set. So basically I was planning on applying to Cambridge for linguistics and my Spanish teacher has predicted me a D, I haven't been given my other grades yet but I spoke to him and he refuses to change it (he hates me). I know I have the capability to get an A but I don't know if I should just give up applying this year and apply next year? Or if I should just apply now anyway and hope for adjustment/ get rejected and apply again next year? Also I don't know if my sixth form would help me with my ucas application after I left?? Sorry, this is a bit of a rant but my head is all over the place with this, I wasn't expecting a D and I don't want to sound egotistical but I think I am capable of an A. Any help/advice would be much appreciated :smile:

Just get the grades and apply when you have them.

Alternatively apply to other unis and if you do get the grades then decline your other uni and apply to Cambridge. I doubt adjustment is a realistic chance.
It really depends on how you are coping with your current workload. Going from a D to an A is not going to be easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending