The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ummm all the brides I’ve seen are quite happy.
Not to be racist or anything - check out pics of Katie Labbett with Mark....
It is that depressing when they are forced/ arranged with someone they agree to but in love with someone else.
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
Ummm all the brides I’ve seen are quite happy.

I was just browsing some photos on Instagram and none of them seemed happy.

I don’t know, all I know is I’ll be crying so much when my day arrives next year! Out of happiness of course.
Many do look happy.
Almost all my asian female friends who got married as teenagers did.
While their father's tended to look very gloomy, probably obsessing over how much the spectacular wedding was costing them.
Reply 6
Original post by Justvisited
Not to be racist or anything - check out pics of Katie Labbett with Mark....

Yeah I meant Asians... like Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Indian Brides.
LOL
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I mean smile. It’s not going to kill you.

Honestly. Is it really that depressing? 😓😭

They probably get told by their mothers/aunties to stop smiling for about 6 hours because of the other judgmental aunties that are going to come and backbite about the bride
Reply 9
Original post by deadroseex
It is that depressing when they are forced/ arranged with someone they agree to but in love with someone else.

This. I believe everyone should have a right to choosing their partner. I mean arrange doesn’t always work out neither does love at times but at least with love marriages you can get to know them at your own pace and progress it.
Not generalising. Just an observation.
Original post by swrhaa
They probably get told by their mothers/aunties to stop smiling for about 6 hours because of the other judgmental aunties that are going to come and backbite about the bride

Allow the backbite man. I hate those aunties or people who gossip in general.

Like who died and made them dictator?
Allow the backbite man. I hate those aunties or people who gossip in general.

Like who died and made them dictator?

Every single one of my aunts on my dads side. I have 6. Only 1 doesn't dictate the rest can ps off.
Every single one of my aunts on my dads side. I have 6. Only 1 doesn't dictate the rest can ps off.

I feel for you. It’s sad man. Why gossip on a happy day?
I was just browsing some photos on Instagram and none of them seemed happy.

I don’t know, all I know is I’ll be crying so much when my day arrives next year! Out of happiness of course.

That might just be the way the photo shoot was done afterwards.
I feel for you. It’s sad man. Why gossip on a happy day?

On my cousins wedding, in Pakistan, I was wearing a dress which looked backless and had half sleeves. So many ppl went to my mum and said I am 13 and shouldn't be wearing stuff like that and it is embarrassing. I was 13...literally.
I'm Indian and have literally never seen that but they may not feel like smiling or anything or they might cry or it's arranged :dontknow: Sounds like you're generalising though even if it is an observation
They just want to be away from people and alone with the groom :biggrin:
Original post by Lookingzar
Uhhh this isn't true. I'm south asian and if anything brides get to pick who they marry these days. Please don't push this stereotype because it's simply not true in many cases anymore, especially in the UK. Its people like you that give our culture a bad rep

I am Pakistani babe 🥰 I think I know and it was a reason and do not lie do not lie, parents usually stop kids from love marriage. I have seen it countless of times. So please, I wasn't giving bad rep I was simply just stating stuff I have seen personally.
Off course time has evolved, so many changes have occurred and will continue so.
I am Pakistani babe 🥰 I think I know and it was a reason and do not lie do not lie, parents usually stop kids from love marriage. I have seen it countless of times. So please, I wasn't giving bad rep I was simply just stating stuff I have seen personally.
Of course time has evolved, so many changes have occurred and will continue so.

Yeah I gathered ur pakistani...I'm not lying, I understand that lots of marriages are still arranged these days but as you said yourself things are changing.. You can't make an assumption that a bride doesn't look happy because she's being forced into an arranged marriage unless you know that she is personally.. And by saying that you are giving the culture a bad rep because you are generalising a hell of a lot of people.

Latest

Trending

Trending